Pray for me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for me..

Well we are on day 3 of a series of storms here, and today I heard was supposed to be the worst. Yesterday we had tornado warnings and did have a tornado as well as water spouts in the area. Uh this is California! People here freak out if it sprinkles for 5 minutes! And now I have to go out with my trailer and groom I want to sit in my PJs!

Ya know, here in Alabama with our advanced warning system, and our local weather men and women who can predict a tornado in this type of weather, I MIGHT go out in a mobile grooming rig. In California where you dont see it often I think I would reschedule if at all possible. i know where to go and what to do if there is a Tornado in the area because I am always prepared living here. It would scare me in an area that does not have a tornado shelter and sirens every few blocks. Please be careful and I will be praying for you,

Comment

Yes

here in the San Fernando Valley a customer with two fairly large dogs changed her appointment today to another day. I'm pleased. It was supposed to be horrible, and it might be but so far not too stormy. We talked later and I said, see it's not bad. I told her she was personally responsible for saving all those homes (at least for now) near that Station Fire, where the people all had to evacuate do to predicted heavy rain. Well it could get worse, of course. I hope you are also having lighter weather than predicted, at least till you are safe and sound and in your P J's again.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

With all your earthquakes, wildfires and landslides, I had no idea you California types would wimp out over a tornado warning and couple little waterspouts!

Comment

Storm

Yep it does sound like we are wimps in California but here is a picture of our road going to our house and business. Obviously no way can you go thru it and this is without rain for the last day. It is starting to rain and we will have the worst storm in a few hours. Our business has been flooded 2x this week already. I'm with you curbside -- home and in your jammies sounds great. I did one dog today and had them pick up by 12 and decided to spend the rest of the day strategically placing sandbags.

Be safe on the road.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
            With all your earthquakes, wildfires and landslides, I had no idea you California types would wimp out over a tornado warning and couple little waterspouts!
            It's the water that scares us, not the earthquakes. We just had a 4 pointer Saturday morning at around 4:00 am and we stayed in bed!

Comment

I am hanging my head

in shame but I re-scheduled my two appointments for thursday to next week .My husband says I just should have gone around on the 215 to get to Sun city ,the trouble with that is I am in a high profile van and the winds will be in the tornado range, also Sun city is a flood zone if I get in I might not be able to get out .PJ`s for me!!!

Comment

BTW

I had a flexible day for Thursday and since my truck is in the shop, I canceled my day for Thurs. So..... I'll be in my p.j's all day!

Comment

I'll Probably Do The Same

Last night, I re-scheduled a very large Siberian Husky over to Sunday, another one wanted to re-schedule for next and the the only one that I have scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) wants to stay on schedule. No problem, I'll get her done quickly and get home before the storm kicks in.

Donna

Comment

Well that was fun! It was not too bad until I left my clients house on my way to my last appointment around 3 and boy was it raining! By the time we got there the streets were really flooded, and by the time we left to go home the were completly flooded! No sidewalks nothing... Trash cans were floatin down the streets and several stalled cars. And quite a few accidents. My assistant was awfully quiet on the way home..... she kinda had that bug eyed chihuahua look! Tomorrow I cancelled my clients who I had to drive to, but I still have 4 to do in the early am in my neighborhood..... Then home for PJs and no work till Tuesday!! YEAH! I love this weather... Can't wait to hit the slopes!

Comment

garbage cans floating down the streets! LOL. I know it is serious but it just cracked me up. here you almost stayed home, you go, tough it out..and then....you see garbage cans wavnig as they pass by. OH NOW THAT is comittiment girl!!! LOL.

but seriously. YIKES. I grew up in CA and that ...well... I dont recall that ever happening. CAli just does not get rain and then they get rain, it "floods" on the highways and you hydroplane if you are 'unllucky'...but makin garbage cans float? tornados? thats a new one...

and I heard also power outages alot too.

so I must admit, .... I have braved some bad weather but, if there was that high a wind and I had a high top van, or a trailer...I'd stick to home guys. And, watch the garbage cans float past the front window. . . ..... wowza.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledogdare View Post
                        Haha I was thinking the same thing. Guess I should keep my thoughts to myself considering I live in a state (SC) that shuts down if there is a dusting of snow on ground. I guess it is for the same reason as California freaking at storms. It's not something that happens on a regular basis so we aren't used to it.

With that being said I would MUCH rather stay home in my jammies on a "snow day" and work when it rains....like it's doing here today.....lol
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                        X