now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now what?

I think this should be the caption for the biggest hairiest labadoodle Ive seen... or maybe "what do I do now"
    Lucklly he was a good boy
    Attached Files

Yeah they just seem to get bigger and bigger!!! I have some that are 100lbs +. It's crazy and I think they are breeding what they call Royal Standards with some large labs and goldens. At least they never seem to have a mean bone in their body....just a TON of energy and not always the brains to go with it.

Comment

Are you sure he doesn't have Wolf hound in there?

Shannon
      The Soapy Puppy

Comment

The biggest one I ever saw weighed in at 105 lbs. and he didn't have an ounce of fat on him.

When my six-pound Toy Poodle growled at him, the big lug took off with his tail between his legs.

Comment

"That's Lizard King to YOU, babe."

Comment

Well, here's one for you. Got a call from a new client, says he has a labradoodle he needs to have groomed. I tell him Sorry, but I only groom small dogs 25 lbs or less. He says Oh, well, no problem, he is only 20 lbs, when can you come? So I'm thinking, it must be a young dog 2-3 mos old. NO! This dog is 8 mos old, 20 lbs, looks exactly like the big 100 lb Labradoodles we all see. Cute as a button! The owner says he should stay about that same size as that is the size that his Labradoodle parents were - 25-30 lbs. I'd love to see more of the small Labradoodles because this guy was just adorable!

Comment

Did he arrive with a 6 pack of Mike's thingies? LOL
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by puppy love View Post
                This dog is 8 mos old, 20 lbs, looks exactly like the big 100 lb Labradoodles we all see. Cute as a button!
                I had a mini labradoodle about that size come in a few times. Very nice little dog. Haven't seen that dog or owner in a year now. His owner refused to book ahead, tried insisting on same-day grooms and then would try to get a discounted price. She seems to have found someone else to accommodate her needs. I also have a very sweet mini Goldendoodle that comes in every 6 weeks. She;s a year old and weighs about 40lbs. Great dog and very nice owners.
                "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by puppy love View Post
                  This dog is 8 mos old, 20 lbs, looks exactly like the big 100 lb Labradoodles we all see. Cute as a button! The owner says he should stay about that same size as that is the size that his Labradoodle parents were - 25-30 lbs. I'd love to see more of the small Labradoodles because this guy was just adorable!
                  I do one that will be like that size. He is toy poodle & something, can't remember what she said. Cute as all get out, parti colored. Has the same looks of the big doodles but was delt a bad coat. I got him at 4mos, matted toes & topknot. I warned her about this. So she makes another appt before Christmas for his 7mo appt. Wants just a B&B, not much trimmed. I didn't schedule for a big d-mat, just a little. He was matted all over this time. I did what I could which wasn't much, bathed, conditioned,dried & a little d-mat. I had given my self 1.5hrs to work on him & it didn't make a dent, thin light colored skin that turns red very quick. I had to give the dog back not finished, sold some d-mat spray & told her call me in Jan so I can take my time working on him. She hasn't called yet. If I loose this one fine, I don't need the nightmare but if she comes back I will have to set her straight on what to do with the coat.

Shannon
                  The Soapy Puppy

Comment

He might be an enormous hairy monster but he is cute. I happen to like doodle eyes.
                    Always warm and sweet.
                    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Yeah, their coat could be a nightmare! Lucky for me Reno's owner is an every 6 weeker and likes a short tidy coat and a small teddy bear type head. 4F A/O - easy breezy!

Comment

I did an 9 month old Goldendoodle a couple of days ago that was easily 70 lbs already.
                        The vet said he would probably be over 100 lbs.
                        I have a 60lb weight limit but when she booked the appointment 4 weeks ago he wasn't that yet.
                        I thought I was going to die. My back still hurts. And he wasn't a very good boy.
                        Bucked and carried on the entire time.

Needless to say, that was the first and last time for that boy.

She got referred to another groomer.

Comment

Labradoodle

You know he really was a wonderful guy to groom.. but at first I just sat there at looked at him... wondering what the heck to do~!!! lol... Mom just wanted him shortened up a little and he had a matts on his legs, mom said just shave out... so I thought what the heck lets go for it first time grooming him and I need the business.. Lets make him beautifull!!...(no shave matts out ). Well the only real problem was he took 2 1/2 hours just to dry.....lol. but in for a penny in for a pound!! So I finished him in about 3.5 hours... and I am proud of my groom.. but geez let me think about this... I did a 5lb mal in about 45 mins that morning and a 10lb shi in about 1 hour and made the same amount of money..... as him...

I a think I have learned my lesson

Comment

Puppy Love

Hi Puppy love

would love to see pics of the mini gld/doodle you did it sounds really cute

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by wbeatty View Post
                              Hi Puppy love

would love to see pics of the mini gld/doodle you did it sounds really cute

Kelly
                              I am embarrassed to say that I did not take his photo and I was just at his house last week! I go back the first of March and will remember to get a photo then. He is absolutely beautiful and a very good boy! To be a young dog, he is amazingly well behaved for his grooming. Inside the house he is running and jumping like a crazy dog, but when he gets on my table, he is the perfect little gentleman. I think its the treats I bribe him with for being so good, but who cares? Behaved is behaved no matter how you get it!

Comment

Working...
                              X