"Is it heated in there?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is it heated in there?"

I get this question a lot and was wondering if everyone else does as well? I couldn't imagine why someone would think I myself would work in a freezing van let alone wash a dog in one! Of course now mine is temporarily heated with the Mr Buddy heater, but it's keeping it warm. Just no heat while I'm driving. Came home and took a while to thaw out last night!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I have heard this question a lot too. And had clients very concerned that their pet would freeze. The salon we just shut down due to my daughter moving away was in a huge pet/feed store,which is completly unheated. It is literally as cold in the pet store as it is outside! Sometimes below freezing. I think it is terrible for their business,but do understand it would cost a fortune to heat it. Our shop was kept warm with a space heater,and the Edemco too when needed. I had to reassure many clients,after they had walked through the freezing pet store! I'm so cozy in my itty little home salon now.
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

lol

It's the only warm place "in there"that is. How many places can you go and run up the temp to 80 or 90 with out having a spouse or customer passing out. Dogs take it a lot better then the owners. Owners wont linger in the heat any more then in the cold. Getting out is another story,that part I could do with out.

Comment

yes ! all the time

Comment

Yep it's cold in there,,,,,lmao,,,,,I had a really blonde moment this past week. Normally I don't mess with the thermostat at work, but since it's been in the teens at night I decided it was too cold for the poor doggies and took it upon myself to turn up the heat. Finally started taking a little space heater with me, could never get warm! The store owners husband came into grooming the other day ask why the AC unit was running? I told him, well I turned up the heat, don't know why the AC is running, he went and looked, I turned on the AC instead of the heat.. The AC and the heat have separate controls, and I knew this, guess the cold made me have a brain freeze,,,lmao. There I was, running the AC when it was only in the 20's outside!

Comment

I haven't had anyone ask about the heating yet. I did have a lady ask if I had warm water.

Comment

All the time

I think the same thing when people ask. I hate the cold so there is no way that I would work in the cold let alone wash a dog in it. I get this in the summer to, "Do you have AC in there?" Of course, I would be hospitalized from heat exhaustion if I didn't.

Comment

No it's freezing in my van

Gosh, I don't know what ya'll talking about my van is freezing and my water is close to sub-zero, oh and I had frost bite on that last dog so bad my fingers froze off!

I get this all the time and I just cringe. Come on folks!!!! Don't play me. I had a lady bring me hot water off her stove to bathe her dog once and asked if I needed to come in to warm up every 16 minutes I was there. Then she had me start my car to keep myself warm.

Mind ya'll the inside temp was around 75 to 80 and I had a t-shirt on.

Ya know, I love grooming (at times) but some of the things I get out there sometimes make me want to run and bag groceries!

Yes baby it happens. As well as some things I wish I could post on here but I gotta show some respect maaaannn!!!!!!

Damien

Comment

well i wear a tshirt 365 days a year. Clients that are new ask if i have heat in there and I just step back and say: "i would not be in this tshirt if it is cold"
                  I think people do not understand what the inside of these units look like...they really have no clue where the water even comes from let alone if it is actually heated! LOL

I loved your comment Doug It feels like Arizona in my mobile----a dry withering heat!

Comment

I get it in the SHOP. Along with the "do you have warm water". Now, last week, I did have an INTELLIGENT client ask me "Is the cold weather delaying your start in the mornings" meaning, are your pipes freezing.....the next day it DID delay my opening! LOL
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, I get that question also, I think as much as I paid for this vehicle and as much as you pay me to groom your dog, I better have heat and cool air!
                      ***Darlynn***
                      ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                        I get this question a lot and was wondering if everyone else does as well? I couldn't imagine why someone would think I myself would work in a freezing van let alone wash a dog in one! Of course now mine is temporarily heated with the Mr Buddy heater, but it's keeping it warm. Just no heat while I'm driving. Came home and took a while to thaw out last night!
                        Oh gosh, I get this all the time! They want to know if it's heated, and where do I get hot water? As if I'm going to pull up in a freezing van and wash their dogs with icy garden hose water. Silliness. I can't wait until July when we have 110 degree + days, then they'll want to know how I keep their dog cool!

Comment

Working...
                        X