Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shop vacs- good for more than just clean up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop vacs- good for more than just clean up!

OK so I get to my appointment to do my big Husky. This dog greets me with tons of kisses all over my face, then tells me a story, and we're ready to go. But anyway, get in the van and the water pump is frozen. I'd had the heaters on for several hours after picking it up at the mechanics so I didn't know what was going on. I put my hair dryer on the pump and let that run for about 20 minutes. Still nothing. I try my HV down the hose, just to try something. Nope. I even tried sucking on the hose myself. Hey I was desperate. So then a lightbulb went off and I grabbed the shop vac. The hose to the vac is pretty much the same size as the water hose. Turn it on and within a minute of it sucking on the hose the water starts flowing. So yay for me, I can wash my Husky!
    So I get home and go to plug the heaters back in when I take a closer look and realize the small heater I keep aimed right at the water pump (which also is next to the shampoos) is facing the wrong way! I knew the mechanic had been testing things and must have turned it around for some reason. NO WONDER! Oh well, live and learn.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Good thinking

Way to be creative, you have a bright future in auto mechanics.
    I thought you were going to say you found a way to use the shop vac to suck up all of the shedding from the Husky as it was blowing off with the HV. That MUST be possible, I just haven't put enough effort into it to figure it out yet.

Comment

Woo hoo!! You saved the day!!! Smart lady!

Comment

LOL, I was known as being "inventive" when I worked at Superpetz. If it couldn't be fixed with packaging tape, ribbon, or string, it just couldn't be fixed!

Comment

I only handwash. so my bathing beauty sits unused in the tub........makes a great sump pump (duh what it really is!) when my drain freezes on cold days! i sump pump the grey water from my tub after the first dog's bath, and then out the door so the next dog doesn't sit in dirty water. Drain usually unfreezes by dog #2

Mylady, you are really ingenious in your daily activites of life!

Comment

Shop Vacs = Modern Marvels. I'm gonna add that one to my long list of Shop Vac Pros!

LOVE the "tells me a story" part! True sign he likes you!
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              I only handwash. so my bathing beauty sits unused in the tub........makes a great sump pump (duh what it really is!) when my drain freezes on cold days! i sump pump the grey water from my tub after the first dog's bath, and then out the door so the next dog doesn't sit in dirty water. Drain usually unfreezes by dog #2

Mylady, you are really ingenious in your daily activites of life!
              LOL. I had actually been told by my mechanic that my recirc was fried. They turned it on and it blew their breaker. Well, duh, when you run both heaters than try to pull 3 more amps it's going to blow! BUt I had to laugh because i told my husband there was no way in heck I was going to hand bathe this big Husky so if the pump really was bad I was going to Home Depot for a new one ASAP. But I also have a low g/p/m pump so to try to bathe a dog like that by hand in my rig with very little water pressure is a pain. One of the main reasons I have the recirc, much better water pressure off of that.
              But it was the pump that draws the fresh water to the tub that wasn't working so I couldn't get anything done until that started working. In this modern day and age I am sucking on a rubber hose to try to move water from a tank 2 feet away to my tub. I'm just glad no one saw me.
              This lady has two huskies. One runs to greet me all happy and kissy face and the other runs to the back door to try to escape. LOL

Comment

shop vacs- good for more than just clean up!

I use a shop vac as a clipper vac and saved myself over $1200!

Comment

I have used a small shop vac (the little gallon size) in my mobile on days when I know that I am having a bunch of BIG HAIRY BEASTS. After bathing and before drying, I take the shop vac along the coat to soak up tons of excess water and they dry so much faster.

Comment

Working...
                  X