Stripping Knives ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripping Knives ??????

I am shopping for some new stripping knives and would like some opinions on what you guys are using.... I have been looking at the CC one as well as Hauptner (sp?) and a few others...... Not interested in price, just want good quality. THANKS!

I bought some very reasonable priced Classic strippers,and was surprised to see on the site of the Brittmore Scnauzer lady who offers so much great learning,that she loves these ones ! I used to have have the good quality german wooden ones,but lost them. Lately I find myself doing most of my stripping by hand I wrap my index,and with vetwrap and sprinkle a bit of ear powder as needed ,and get a good pull. I have seen the CC strippers,the fine detail ones look really nice. I want them to.
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

I am a big fan of CC products and tools but I HATE their stripping knives! My parents gave me a set for my B-day and I used them maybe couple times. They do not fit my hand right. It seems like they are made for large male hand and my average female hand slides down the handle toward the "blade". It is very uncomfortable. Same thing happens with McKnives.
      I recently used Mars stripping knives and loved those and will be getting me some.

Comment

I really like the newer CC. The ones with the colored handle. I also have the wooden handled ones but they are to big for my hand.

Comment

I use Pearson Products Stripping Knives (you can Google it).

They are high quality and hand made.

They are better than any others that I have used.

Scott

Comment

I'm with Lex...Mars is what I use.

Comment

Pearsons. They are the best out there.

Comment

Thanks guys... I have checked out the Pearsons... there seem to be quite a few to choose from... Anyone like one over the other?

Comment

Pearson fine and coarse and the detailer, BUT I use my Classics more than anything else out there and I do a lot of stripping and carding..
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I use nothing but MacKnyves on wire coats. I like the metal handles, and they're pre-dulled so they don't cut the coat. I wouldn't trade them for anything, and I've tried a lot of brands. I do have large hands, however, so I am not sure how they are for groomers with smaller hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X