Busy in January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy in January?

I am really excited for 2010. I am getting more calls after Christmas this week then I did the rest of Dec. I did/do no work the week after Christmas because not many have wanted it & today the 30th is my 10yr aniversary so my hubby took several days off. I will be bathing my 3 tomorrow when hubby goes back to work but that is it. Anyway back to the subject. Each call this week, none have freaked at the price & all callers booked a Jan appt. 6 new clients on the books along with the 15 reg clients. 1 lady with 2 more are checking on dates (friend of mine) & this isn't even Jan yet. Dec I only did 27. My goal for 2010 is to be doing 35 dogs a month. I am finding more people around here are starting to google & find my website then my old way of craigslist, that died off in Sept for some reason.

' Ok math is wrong 48 dogs is a better goal. '

Here's to a wonderful New Year

Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy
    Last edited by Starshan; 12-31-09, 10:07 PM.

Good luck! Sounds like things are loooookin UP!
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

That sounds great Shannon! Glad that your phone is ringing and you are picking up new clients for 2010!

My January is booked pretty full, I have a couple of slack days at the end of Jan, but that is OK, I have a dentist appt & 2 Dr appts that I was supposed to make in Oct & November that got pushed to the back burner so now I will take care of those.

You know the ones you hate to go get..the dentist appt that you know is going to cost you at least 8 dogs grooming and your yearly gyno complete with mammogram...UGGGH.....

Comment

Originally posted by puppy love View Post
        That sounds great Shannon! Glad that your phone is ringing and you are picking up new clients for 2010!...t that you know is going to cost you at least 8 dogs grooming and your yearly gyno complete with mammogram...UGGGH.....
        I scheduled my Dentist in Feb & on a monday so it doesn't affect my grooming schedule too much. My Feb is wide open with only 3 dogs so far. I have to get a deep cleaning on one side at a time so we'll see how I handle it. Then I have to get my wisdom teeth out. So on my website my calendar says I will have dental work done for Feb & depending on how I feel after I may have to adjust appts. All these Jan appt will help pay the CC down from Christmas so I can go back & put the dentist on the CC, no win there lol.

Shannon
        TheSoapyPuppy.com

Comment

Well good for you that is great! My Jan is going to be slow, very slow as usual. I decided I'm going to take this time and try to work on new adverstising techniques to get in some new clients. I mean I feel lucky to have what I have, considering my town is a very poor town.

Comment

Only 35 dogs a Month?

Are you sure meant a month or did you mean 35 dogs a week? I couldn't support myself doing that few, but some days I wish that I didn't have so many to do. I aim for 25 to 30 dogs a week. Oh by the way.....Happy Anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by Kittypaw007 View Post
              Are you sure meant a month or did you mean 35 dogs a week? I couldn't support myself doing that few, but some days I wish that I didn't have so many to do. I aim for 25 to 30 dogs a week. Oh by the way.....Happy Anniversary
              Lol, I know I came up with that number some how & it has stuck with me as being my goal but after you questioned it. I tried to come up with that math again & I can't figure out how I came up with it So over the 2.5yrs I have grown slowly (not counting the first 5 months which sucked), I started out with my min being 12, then 16. Last yr the most dogs I did a month was 25, this 09' was 27 dogs. I'd love to see 48 dogs meaning 3 days a week I'd have full days (4 dogs). 80 dogs & I'd be full for sure. 4 dogs a day, 5 days a week, 4 weeks in a month.

Shannon
              The Soapy Puppy

Comment

I am still shocked at how busy this month is. 33 dogs on the book for January this is the best Jan ever for my mobile business. I've already done 19 dogs, 4 more dogs tomorrow to finish out this week. Several of the dogs are big bath dogs that get done about every 3 months so my Apr will for sure be busy next.

Shannon
                The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Originally posted by Starshan View Post
                  I am still shocked at how busy this month is. 33 dogs on the book for January this is the best Jan ever for my mobile business. I've already done 19 dogs, 4 more dogs tomorrow to finish out this week. Several of the dogs are big bath dogs that get done about every 3 months so my Apr will for sure be busy next.

Shannon
                  The Soapy Puppy
                  I am so excited for you Shannon!

I too have been experiencing a high volume of calls and am suprised because a) it's January, and b) I'm brand new to this. I took the last week of Dec off assuming it would be slow and went to see my parents at their timeshare in San Diego. My phone rang at least a few times a day while I was there. My dad got a kick out of it, like watching someone fish. "Did ya get one?!" after I got off each call. And I was like "Yeah dad I caught a big one, an English Bulldog bath, it's a whopper!" LOL.

This week has been extremely busy phone wise. I had 8 calls on Thurs alone!!! A lot of my old customers still finding me (including a 23 yr old cat I thought died, turns out they didn't want to take her to the salon anymore!), new people finding me online, and then referrals from my regulars. One lady whose Aussie I've groomed for 3 yrs has gotten me 4 new dogs this past week alone!!! One of those ladies lives in a very high end private community and asked for a stack of my cards to give to her friends. It's like the Wella Balsam commercial and I love it. So far I'm booked a week out right now.

Keep it up Shannon, I hope you get booked up and stay booked up.

Comment

Beat my first goal

Ok I am stoked although very sore. I beat my first goal of 35 dogs. I just finished Jan with 38 dogs, also finished with a new breed for me, 2 Tibetan Terrier. 10 shy of the second goal. This is my best Jan ever in the 3yrs of being mobile. I did do 4 cheap dogs, 1 nails, 2 clients come to the house & my sisters dog but they still count Fo Jan I've only ever done is 16 in the month. I can't believe its only Jan, if it keeps up this busy I should be seeing 48 dogs in no time.

Shannon
                    The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Working...
                    X