Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf for tub/ stand dryer for trailer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf for tub/ stand dryer for trailer??

Does anyone have a shelf installed in their tub for small dogs while you bathe them? i have a stainless steel tub in my trailer and am wondering if their is a shelf on the market you can install into your tub to raise up the little dogs so I'm not bending over so much. My lower back kills me when i do a lot of the bending over the tub. Any other suggestions?? I'll take em. I searched the equipment section on this site and couldn't find anything on the topic.

Also, if you have a trailer, do any of you have a table dryer? My trailer is too small to have one of the tall dryers on wheels. I saw an Oster table dryer in Petedge. Does anyone have opinions on Oster dryers. I have a Edemco variable speed HV dryer already but think it would be quicker if I had a heated stand dryer also. The edemco doesn't get really warm which i don't like.

you can use a small trampoline type dog bed as a 'raiser' in your tub.Just measure the tub and get one that will fit...voila!
    That whats the hydrobath companys here in Australia market as 'bath inserts'...

Comment

Dryer

I have only worked in shops that had the Oster table/cage dryers. I have to say I so do not like them. They have alot of metal & the motor side of the dryer gets so hot it will burn you if you touch it. Also the adjuster nob was always a pain to work with & loosens up over time so once older it doesn't stay where you put the head of the dryer.

I perfer Edemco. Here is a table mount Edemco. http://wgroom.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=597

Shannon
      The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Don't know if it would suit your needs/set up..but my friend has a shelf just like you desire, that she ordered w/ her Forever Stainless tub. It clips on the top of her tub and there is virtually no bending over at all for bathing of the leetle ones.
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Check out this thread:

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...ad.php?t=20610

You can make your own tub rack fairly inexpensively. When mine needs to be replaced (still working just fine) I will make one like Pugnacious, out of the plastic "wood". I will however make two of varying heights - one at 6" high and one at 3 or 4" high - and make them stackable. Then they will work with all sizes of dogs.
          "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Starshan View Post
            I have only worked in shops that had the Oster table/cage dryers. I have to say I so do not like them. They have alot of metal & the motor side of the dryer gets so hot it will burn you if you touch it. Also the adjuster nob was always a pain to work with & loosens up over time so once older it doesn't stay where you put the head of the dryer.

I perfer Edemco. Here is a table mount Edemco. http://wgroom.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=597

Shannon
            The Soapy Puppy
            I've used 1 of those before. You can flap your hands and dry the dog faster.
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
            X