Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Cleaner?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steam Cleaner?

    Does anyone use a steam cleaner to clean your rig? I was thinking about getting one but not sure if its worth it or which one to buy. Amazon has too many to choose from Reading all the reviews has me confused.

    Shannon
    The Soapy Puppy

  • #2
    I love my steam cleaner. It does an awesome job at blowing out all the hair and **** that gets caught in all the crevices and seams. I can't remember the brand, but its not the kind with a flat head, its one that the steam comes out a cone tip.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a Shark Euro. It is a convertible steamer that I use in my shop daily. It has a fllor pocket, scrub brushes, 2 jet sprays, window or tub cleaner, and something I am forgetting....I got it at Big Lots! LOL I love the darn thing. It cleans the floors, cages, tub, windows, walls, just ab out everything. The shop smells SO CLEAN afterwards. It will blast dirt and hair out of every crevice there is to find hair in. I have one at home too. I use it on tabletops, mats, curtains, tile floors, laminate floors.....you name it.
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Particentral View Post
        I have a Shark Euro. It is a convertible steamer that I use in my shop daily. It has a fllor pocket, scrub brushes, 2 jet sprays, window or tub cleaner, and something I am forgetting....I got it at Big Lots! LOL I love the darn thing. It cleans the floors, cages, tub, windows, walls, just ab out everything. The shop smells SO CLEAN afterwards. It will blast dirt and hair out of every crevice there is to find hair in. I have one at home too. I use it on tabletops, mats, curtains, tile floors, laminate floors.....you name it.
        I saw the tv ads today for that one, that is what sparked my interest. However the reviews on Amazon for it aren't very good. That is why I asked here to see just what people use in our line of work. I'll look into it more.

        Shannon
        The Soapy Puppy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Starshan View Post
          I saw the tv ads today for that one, that is what sparked my interest. However the reviews on Amazon for it aren't very good. That is why I asked here to see just what people use in our line of work. I'll look into it more.

          Shannon
          The Soapy Puppy
          Well, I don;t know what they don;t like cause I haven't looked, but I LOVE the two I have and my son bought one as well. He says it kicks A##.....I bought extra pads for the pocket for all of us. 3 pack for less than $10.....
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

          Comment


          • #6
            Debi, do you remember what you paid for your cleaner? I have also been looking into getting a steam cleaner, but I don't have a very good track record w/vacuum cleaners of any kind. I buy a vacuum and w/it is toast shortly after the warranty expires.....even the expensive ones! The vacuum I have now is a $500 Dyson. I hate it! Best vacuum I ever had was one I got from Sears years ago for under $200. I stupidly let my husband talk me into trading it towards a $1000 POS from a door to door vacuum sales lady. That company (can't remember name) went under and we couldn't get any of the custom bags or filters for it........... It now sits in our attic as a reminder not to listen to my husband......ever....lol.......

            Anyway, do any of you use steam to clean grooming equipment as well?
            SheilaB from SC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Particentral View Post
              Well, I don;t know what they don;t like cause I haven't looked, but I LOVE the two I have and my son bought one as well. He says it kicks A##.....I bought extra pads for the pocket for all of us. 3 pack for less than $10.....
              Well there are 5 reviews & all 5 are 1 star. All say it doesn't put out hot steam, one quit working after 20 mins & another said it would have been faster to clean with cleaner & a sponge.

              You should go on there & write a good review I was really disappointed after getting all excited over the ad then seeing all the bad reviews. I'll have to save up & get this to try it out. Got to pay down the CCards first hubby says

              Shannon
              The Soapy Puppy

              Comment


              • #8
                I wonder if its the same one. the one I have had a 3.5 rating......I paid less than $70 I know that.

                http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Ultra-St...930184&sr=8-30
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have the Shark as well and have no problem with it. Mine gets hot.It's great like Debi said for getting the hair.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok yep I had the wrong one thinking. I was thinking about the Euro-Pro Shark SC630 Portable Steam Pocket & that moved up half a star.

                    Shannon
                    The Soapy Puppy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just bought another one yesterday at Costco for $55.00. Its a Wagner power steamer. I used it last night to clean my kitchen floor and it worked like a dream. What I like about it is it has a larger water receptacle so will steam up to 45 minutes. My other one is a Shark, which is nice, but doesn't hold much water. I'm planning on doing some major cleaning today.
                      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Do or can you put scents in the water do make it smell fresher?
                        SheilaB from SC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No Sheila, you don't and you shouldn't. According to the directions, you ONLY use water. Anything else can damage the heating parts. You don;t need it. If its clean, it will smell GOOD.
                          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                            No Sheila, you don't and you shouldn't. According to the directions, you ONLY use water. Anything else can damage the heating parts. You don;t need it. If its clean, it will smell GOOD.

                            Gotcha! Thanks!
                            SheilaB from SC

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X