should i feel guilty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i feel guilty?

I am booked for the Holidays and have been booked for this month for some time. I had told my clients ahead of time about booking some time if they wanted their dogs to be groomed for the Holiday. And I am still amazed how many clients call and say that they have Holiday parties, or company coming etc... and they need to get their dogs in to get groomed. And so now I have some clients that are being put on a waiting list for any cancellations, which I have been able to give some of them spots.
    I have one in particular that is a young Shih Tzu and he is the worst biter I have. So needless to say, he isn't the easiest or most enjoyable groom to do! Well, he is one who is waiting to get groomed, and I am feeling kinda like I don't want to try and bust my rear to try and fit him in or give him one of my cancellations spot. And I figure he waited to call me and he can wait til after the Holidays. Should I feel guilty??
    Amante

NOPE! If you told your clients to prebook their holiday appointments ahead of time and they didn't, it's their own fault you're unable to get them in.
    I still have openings but there are a few clients who ALWAYS wait until the last minute to call and I found my back bone this year and will not be squishing them in like every other year.
    With being in the service industry, we cater to our clients and do what's needed to make them happy but even we have our limits.

good luck Lorena
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Guilty? For what? Not being super human? Now way girl!

You told them, you warned them, they didn't listen, and they learn the hard way.

Aww, Darn, no nasty biting shih tzu to groom! I like it when I lose dogs like that, I just don't have the energy anymore.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by amante View Post
        Well, he is one who is waiting to get groomed, and I am feeling kinda like I don't want to try and bust my rear to try and fit him in or give him one of my cancellations spot. And I figure he waited to call me and he can wait til after the Holidays. Should I feel guilty??
        Amante
        NOPE! They'll learn for next time and if you "squeeze" them in "just this once," they'll assume you can do it again. Too bad, lesson learned....Next!

Comment

Christmas

I'm not sure about you people, but I'm pretty sure this Holiday was this same time last year, and will be the same time next year. It's funny that people still seem to wait to the bitter end, and try every trick in the book to get their dogs in.

I do have to say though, that I'm having probably one of the best Christmas grooming seasons ever. Working with a great team of girls, and the clients are awesome.

happy Holidays
          Lydia

Comment

Me thinks you already know the answer to that!

Comment

Sure, fit Mr. Bitey shih tzu in, then let him bite you so you won't be able to groom the responsible clients that have been waiting for their "right before" Christmas appt.

I bet you'd really hope they get try to get him in somewhere else AND like the way he gets groomed and never comes back! (sounds like a good Christmas wish !)

No guilty feelings allowed...besides you don't have time to feel guilty!

sittingpretty

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
                Sure, fit Mr. Bitey shih tzu in, then let him bite you so you won't be able to groom the responsible clients that have been waiting for their "right before" Christmas appt.

I bet you'd really hope they get try to get him in somewhere else AND like the way he gets groomed and never comes back! (sounds like a good Christmas wish !)

No guilty feelings allowed...besides you don't have time to feel guilty!

sittingpretty
                AMEN!!!

Keep repeating to yourself "Poor planning on your part does not constitute emergency on mine"
                It's not like Christmas snuck up on Mr Bitey's owner...maybe you will get lucky and he will go somewhere else and stay away. Miracles do happen at Christmas-just believe!

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. And funny...yes, I did hope and wish that Mr. Bitey would go some where else and I would be off the hook

Thanks and happy grooming to all of you!
                  Amante

Comment

I won't even bother to answer -- of course you shouldn't feel guilty. Amazingly, the clients who most want the "special consideration" are the ones who are cheap when it comes to tipping. Most of my good tippers get the prime pre-Christmas spots (which is screwing them this year cuz we got this blizzard and they may not get groomed at all!). If I have a few dogs on my cancellation list and one bites and and the other is owned by a good tipper, who do you think is going to get the call first? The ones who live near me, the easy one, the good tippers, all get priority and I don't feel guilty. Besides, the client doesn't know what your schedule or wait list looks like, so you're the only one who needs to know how your decisions get made -- for YOUR convenience!!

Comment

Working...
                    X