Do you know where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know where to go?

usually once I've been to a clients home once I can get back there without needing my GPS. I also usually remember their address when they call, I always ask to double check. My groomer made a comment about it, saying that she doesn't have the same kind of memory. I have the advantage of growing up in this area as well and know my way around pretty well. So I was just wondering if I was the only one that remembers this kind of stuff. Do most of you know how to get to your regular clients homes without directions? I do need the GPS at times when I'm going from one clients home to another and don't know the best way to get there.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

If it's a client that's more than 4 weeks, I will have to look again. If it's also something where one visit it was sunny and the next visit it was snowy or really dreary, I feel like my mind is playing tricks and will have to double check.

Comment

I have lived and worked all over this county for 30 years. If you tell me a town and a street i can usually tell you where it is and what kind of house and neighborhood it is. I have never owned a gps.
      Even when i go visit other areas i'm pretty good at finding my way around. Guess you can say i'm geographicly inclinded.
      I'm not mathamatically inclinded, which i really need to work on.

Comment

Yes, many I can just drive to

ones I have had for years. It is always a good idea to have my appt book with me and their card because I don't memorize their phone numbers, should I need to call them.

Comment

i think i know where all my regular clients live and know how to get there without a GPS most of the time i just write down the street,the city and the dogs name and last name. it's funny that you asked this because my husband just told me the other day how can you remember where all your clients live and their last names! i said i ask myself that question all the time. i know my way around very well and can get to most places using the streets if i have to avoid traffic on the freeway! so to answer your question yes i know where to go and most days i just lookat my book once or twice in the morning before leaving and i remeber my whole day of appointments!

Comment

Yes, I have a photographic memory and only need to look at a map once and then I can see the page in my head. I also only need to go somewhere once and I can always remember how to get back there. On the other hand, dont ask me what I had for dinner last night, that I cant remember!!!

Comment

I rarely need my GPS anymore. I know how to get to all of my customers houses, but don't ask me what street they live on. That I don't remember.
              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Are you kidding mylady! I can't remember a darn thing. I'm directionally challenged. As far as I'm concerned I couldn't live without a GPS. It's one less thing I've got to think about it. I can just picture myself printing out maps and generally driving myself crazy and wasting time getting lost. The GPS is my security blanket. Best invention ever for mobile groomers.
                Last edited by wet noze; 12-17-09, 02:45 PM.
                www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I keep all my info on index cards with directions, one I use it to pull the client card, so I know who I'm going to see, and two, I have the directions on the back in case I get brain freeze. I did get lost on Halloween, trying to get from one customer to another, looked easy on mapquest,, but I ended up in another county, had to call and reschedule and took me over an hr to get back home,,, Is the only time I've messed up,, guess I need a GPS!

Comment

Yep, I do remember most reg clients. I however only have around 50 clients, lost a few last yr & about 35 are real reg. So its pretty easy to remember. I do keep a small file box upfront of everyones directions on mapquest just incase. My GPS is mostly used now for the time, if I am running late etc I can call the client & say I am early or late, I will be there at this about time. I want to get another GPS though. I had the Garmin, had heard good things about TomTom so when a used one came up cheap I snagged it & gave the Garmin to my mom. Yes my mom really needed one because she always was getting lost, no memory there. Now my TomTom I don't know how old it is but man it can't find places that my Garmin could. So frustrating. I love the features on it but that's about it. Any one know how to find out how old it is? I've updated the maps tons of times thinking that might help but it hasn't.

Shannon
                    The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
                      I rarely need my GPS anymore. I know how to get to all of my customers houses, but don't ask me what street they live on. That I don't remember.
                      Me too, But If anything should ever happen to me, Well who evers takes over is up a creek with out a paddle, because I only write dogs names in the book.. I know each run by heart by just seeing the first name.. LOL... (MK pray you remember some on my clients. ( my sister). LOL.

Comment

I never owned a GPS before. I always remember the directions of my clients if I had been there twice. That was good practise for me because before I started my business I never knew any directions or had no orientation. I was scared to drive in the big city San Antonio because I came from a small town in Germany.
                        I wrote every direction down and still use it sometimes for the house number but that's it. I have to look up their phone numbers but I remember all the codes for the gates in gated communities,lol. Directions are not a problem anymore. And I always know the shortcuts too. I need to because I have to drive sometimes up to 120 miles roundtrip.

happy driving everybody!!!!

Comment

You guys make me tired. I couldn't remember how to go to my own bed at night if it weren't for GPS. I'm so lame.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I do LOVE my GPS that is for sure. I still have a new client almost weekly now that I've reopened my books. Plus I have used it to go to shows, to get to my husbands work, etc. I can't BELIEVE I started this business by printing maps off of mapquest. This was the BEST present anyone ever gave a mobile groomer. And of course my employee lives by it LOL. She's from MI so she's still learning the area.
                            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                              I do LOVE my GPS that is for sure. I still have a new client almost weekly now that I've reopened my books. Plus I have used it to go to shows, to get to my husbands work, etc. I can't BELIEVE I started this business by printing maps off of mapquest. This was the BEST present anyone ever gave a mobile groomer. And of course my employee lives by it LOL. She's from MI so she's still learning the area.
                              For you mylady.
                              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X