Somebody's not thinking !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody's not thinking !!

Want to hear a “funny”…….got a call today, (Wednesday) ……..a potential new client has a collie and wanted an appointment….I said do you want it before Christmas?? (thinking what the heck)…….. She said NO, (thank God)………I want it before this Saturday !!!! They are throwing a party and wanted their collie to look nice…….now that’s thinking ahead !!

Happy Finding a Groomer during the Christmas Rush

Dolly’s Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I had a client call last memorial day wanting to get in and when I laughed into the phone, she responds with "no openings, huh?" So, she shows up on Tuesday morning claiming I didn't clean the dogs ears on the prior visit and that she would no longer be needing my services.
    Moral of the story: don't laugh when being asked about getting in right before the holiday; you may lose a client.
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Hee Hee...Some clients are soooo funny! Oh wait...they're serious????? LMFAO

Comment

I had a client call for an appointment and I told her I could do it but she had to be here by 11:00. She said she didn't relize that I worked that late at night. I informed her it was AM. She didn't come in.

Comment

Many years ago I was working on a Saturday, the day before Easter. We were winding down and almost finished when the phone rings, about 4pm.

"Hi, can you groom my dog, we have a houseful of company coming tomorrow and forgot to get the dog cleaned-up."
          "Sorry, sir we are done for the day."
          "Oh, well this is------, I'm really good friends with your boss."
          "Oh really? Hang on please." I did ask the owner... "Sorry, sir, but my boss has no idea who you are, have a nice Easter. Good bye."

They'll try anything. Lets see how this thread goes by this time next week!

sittingpretty

Comment

I love it when they play stupid like that too...Like "oh, I didn't expect you to be busy right before christmas!" I always have people calling last minute and I tell them every year, SCHEDULE AHEAD!! Some do, some learn their lesson, others don't! Too bad...

Comment

Some People!

I did my reminder calls last night. One lady I called said "I have a dr's appt. tommorow. I'm trying to line up someone to be home, I'll call you." She never called. I was supposed to be at her house at 2:00. She never called before 2, but she did call me at 3:00. "Are you coming?" I was still in town, but was at the grocery store, I told her I never heard from her, so no, I wasn't coming. "I guess I'll call you back when I need Doogie groomed." Not unless I have an opening.

I also have these clients with 4 cats. They're both allergic, so they have the cats shaved down. She cancelled 2 days before her appt last time,which was fine, but then when her allergies got so bad, she calls me a few weeks later asking if I could get her in the next day. NOT! Do people think were sitting around waiting for them to call?

Comment

one christmas eve about 3:00 lady wants her chow groomed,right then!just flew in, her regular groomer couldn't fit her in! lets see, flew in, never gonna see her again, and a chow?!? No Way and when you get home make a standing every 4 week with your groomer. Merry Christmas.
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Well this is only my second Christmas, and last year I still wasn't booking too far ahead so my clients are pretty shocked when they call and I have to make them wait 2-3 weeks. They were all used to getting in within a day or two of them calling. I offer to book them with my other groomer since she does have openings sooner and some opt to do that and some don't. So I can still get people in before Christmas with her if they call! (Hint, hint to anyone local needing to refer last minute callers)
                  What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I have been getting so many calls like that too. I swear I advised my clients even before the Thanksgiving Holiday to book the holiday appts. and most did. Now I am getting these people who want to get their dog groomed a day before their party...lol! Yea right!

Amante

Comment

I am getting those calls too. But my favorite is a guy at Home Depot who was asking me about the service. I gave him my spiel and said I don't have any appts. until after the 1st and he said Oh it's by appointment only? No, you just drive around and try to find me!

Comment

We've just been taking down a waiting list! We've been booked out for three - four weeks already. Phone is still ringing off the hook with people wanting to book with some even wanting in the DAY before Christmas. Silly people

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
                          I am getting those calls too. But my favorite is a guy at Home Depot who was asking me about the service. I gave him my spiel and said I don't have any appts. until after the 1st and he said Oh it's by appointment only? No, you just drive around and try to find me!
                          Reminds me of a post I did a few months ago. I said I sometimes feel like the ice cream man cause I sometimes get a neighbor who wants their dog groomed next. As if I don't have anything better to do than yell through a neighborhood, "DOG GROOOOOMING!! DOG GROOOMING!" LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
                            That is hilarious!
                            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
                              Do people think were sitting around waiting for them to call?
                              Yes. We're like the fire department. :-)
                              "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                              Laura Lee Ray
                              I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X