I Have Some Dogs' Collar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Some Dogs' Collar.

It must be for a girl, but I can't place who it could be. No one has called me and I don't want to go calling everyone with a female to ask. It wasn't from any of the puppies I have done lately, and this was at least a 15lb dog. What would you do? I found it on my shelf. ooops. It isn't new, but is one of those snap together fabric ones in pink colors.

I would put it in a place where you know you can find it and wait for the owners to contact you. It may not be a big deal to them and they figure they will get it when the bring the dog in for the next appt. I lost a leash at the vet's once. The walked Harley out to my car w/ a kennel lead and I didn't remember until we got home that I had dropped him off w/ his brand new leash. It wouldn't have been a big deal, except they couldn't find it when I went back. I was miffed b/c it was a brand new leash; not really expensive but not cheap either. JMO, but a vet's office should be more organized.

Comment

Put it in the Lost & Found Section. Someone will eventually miss it and claim it. If not claimed within 30 days, donate it to your local shelter or some place you know it will get used.

Comment

If they aren't worried enough to put an ID tag on it than I wouldn't be too worried about who it belonged to. Just stick it ina drawer, once the owners realize it is gone they will either call loking for it, orbuy "Fluffy" a new one. You said it was worn, and not new looking, maybe it is time for a new one anyway.
        I don't get collars left behind, not by some system or anything. It is just me I take them off as I bathe, toss them into the top open part of my "box" (big craftsman thing) I put them back on as I finish. Most of them have tags on if I get confussed, but snce it is me and I toss 'em in the order I bathe 'em the first one I bathe is the bottom collar. I don't realy recommend my way. But it works for me. The more unorganized I am the more organized I am (makes sense to me)
        If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

I would go through my appointment book for the previous month or so, see if that jogged my memory, try to make a list of all possibilities based on size & sex and contact their owners.
          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

In my converted van I only have one counter space where I do my filling paper work out & that is where I put the collar, since I do one dog at a time I tend to not forget. If I do & take the dog back in the house I will come out & record what they paid with & I will see the collar. The only time I forgot a collar was on a puppy & I had my truckcamper, there was more places for it to get lost in. So far (knock on wood lol) I haven't forgotten anything from collars to owner's shampoo in this van.

Shannon
            The Soapy Puppy
            Last edited by Starshan; 12-12-09, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I usually hang the collar and leash to the door lock

I have an idea whos' it is. I will call them later, but not convenient to drive back to their house. I know, it was my mistake though. I found ot on the shelf above the doors. I don't have a shop or lost and found.

Comment

If it is their's, you can pop it in a bubble envelope (2/1.00 at Dollar Tree) and mail it back to them.

Comment

I'd tag the collar with the day it was left and wait for someone to claim it.

I take in all my dogs in the morning and send them home throughout the day. Each kennel has a number on it (1-15). I also have 15 numbered hooks on the wall. As each animal is admitted, their leash, collar, coat, etc. are taken off and hung on the corresponding hook. So Fido is in kennel #5 and his stuff is on hook #5. We've only ever had one collar mix-up in two years and that was the error of a VERY new receptionist.

The people are happy when I explain that Fido has his own "hook", just like at their child's daycare. Let's them know I think their pet is special enough to have a little bit of space they can call their own.
                  "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't KNOW when it was left.

It isn't Waverlys'. So now I really have no clue. Being Mobile, I just put it up on the shelf where other things are, like paper towels, HV nozzels, etc. I didn't notice it right away. Oh wellll, maybe Santa will bring the dog a nice new one.

Comment

I have a drawer full of em.

Comment

Working...
                      X