Bring your dog along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring your dog along?

Doe anyone bring there own dog along grooming with them for the day? If so, how does that go over? Just curious.

My Bichon Rides Shotgun

My clients love to see her, and get a kick out of her riding shotgun in her car seat. If she is not there, they ask where she is. She is very good. She does not bother with the clients. She acknowledges them, and then goes off to her "spot" (a bed on one of my counters). She loves being with me, and my clients all love her. I would not even think twice about bringing a nasty dog, but a sweet one is no problem whatsoever.

Comment

I like having my dog with me

I bring along Winnie, my Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix. She's very good in the van. She has a bed with some of her toys in the front seat and a bed in the grooming area. She gets lots of attention 'cause she's missing one of her front legs. People always ask what happened to her. I've only been mobile since the beginning of the month, but so far the clients enjoy meeting her and hearing her rescue story.

Comment

I've only brought Gracie, my toy poodle with me once. The dogs I was going to groom I knew very well and knew their owners wouldn't mind. They were also all small dogs. I'd be nervous about bringing her with many of the dogs not knowing if they're dog aggressive or not, and am afraid some customers wouldn't be happy about there being another dog in there with theirs. I would love to bring her along though, she was a very good girl.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Every day for 15 yrs.,never a problem and my clients just oooh over him! lol

Comment

Used to bring my toy poodle all the time!! She loved it, so did the customers.

Comment

I bring Gracy with me EVERYWHERE! Everyone loves seeing her and some even will buy little gifts for her. I have one client who always has a bag of treats for her when we visit.

Comment

I would not do this, I have a trailer and a large dog who is hyper! But, if it is a small and very well behaved dog that has their own "spot" and is well vaccinated, you should be okay. I think clients would love it!

Comment

I'm not mobile but I'll stick my 2 cents worth in here.

Maggy and Toby both go with me to groom. Once I shut off that TV they both head for the stairs that lead to the basement. They are so excited about going to work. My clients enjoy seeing them and my dogs enjoy seeing my clients, 2 or 4 legged, doesn't bother them. They (the dogs) say hello and then just go and lay down while I go to work. Toby will get on the chair that I have next to the tub and watch me bath a dog. For some reason he really enjoys it.

I don't think there would or should be anything wrong with you taking your dog along with you, as long as they are well mannered and not dog aggressive.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

I bring my dog, Zak, with me almost every day, he loves it! My clients get a kick out of him, he's so good with people, dogs, kids, doesn't matter....He knows when it's time to go to work, and he's ready....If he's not with me, everyone asks, "Where's Zak?" He rides shotgun, and will be waiting in the grooming area when I open the van doors to enter, he is the official greeter and makes sure every dog that enters is kissed and sniffed for safety... lol

Comment

A Groomer In CAlif Took 2 Dogs With Her.

I always wondered how she had room for a Dalmation and A small Poodle. I would see them wirth their heads out ther front window. My dogs would be under foot, or too hot in front seat here with sun beating thru windshield. I have little room w/ wet/dry vac by doors. I now have more foot room with my bigger CV in back of van with the remote switch in grooing area. Wityh heat here, most times it would not work. Colder mos...not enough room and I don't need fights or distractions. I know many of my dog clients don't like other dogs.I miss Halle during the day tho.

Comment

I have brought My dogs with me, And I have large dogs, I even had one customer insist that I bring Both into her house while I groomed!
                        But If I was grooming at My house they stayed Upstairs while I worked and after grooming when I took the customers Dog out to pee, all would come out side with me to do their business (Customers dog on leash of course).

Comment

Originally, the only reason I started my own mobile business was because I had an elderly dog that had to be with me or she would stress terribly. (she also had chf so stress was a big concern) Lilly was an Australian Shepherd. She had a bed between the front seats. In the summer I put heat shields over all the windows up front plus had a clip on fan in the doorway between the front and back to push more cool air to her. She would only want to say hi to other aussies and small poodles, the rest of the time she was content to just watch me. My clients all loved her and since she passed away in May of 2005, they keep asking when I am going to bring another one with me. At first I swore I would never bring a dog with me again, but I now have a great grandaughter of hers that even at 6 months of age shows enough reserve to be well behaved and content staying in her spot watching rather than underfoot or in other dogs faces. So, I think I will take Ginger with me in cooler months only. Never again, (unless it is again a health concern for the dog) will I take one in the summer. It really is a pain to try and keep that cab area cool in Texas summers.

Comment

I use to bring mine to the shop with me, she loved playing with the shy cockers. Those shy ones eventually loved coming to the shop just so they could play with her. Plus the customers loved her if they noticed her at all (her bed was right next to my tool cabient).
                            Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

I wish I could bring mine with me, but they are too big. Plus, I don't want them in contact with some of the nasties that I do. Crusty scabby matted things YUCK.
                              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
                              X