Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Christmas Registered Yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Christmas Registered Yet?

    Sure doesn't feel like it to me! Luckily I had too many toys from last year and don't need to order any for this year, so I've been handing out gift wrapped toys since Tuesday. Haven't had any Christmas cookies yet either. Like I need 'em! LOL!

  • #2
    Oh yeah! I got a box of chocolates. Let me tell the worst thing that can happen when you're mobile. Getting a box of choocolate first thing. Then you have to drive around with it all day. Looking at it. Smelling it. Knowing it's there. lol
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe drive by the hospital and drop it off at the front desk and ask the nurses to send it to someone who hasn't gotten anything in awhile....we actually did that in the hospital where my friend died last year. On the day she passed away, a HUGE arrangement came for her from her work...we had it sent to someone's room down the hall who hadn't had any visitors for awhile. You could hear the lady saying "Oh, for me! How wonderful!" all the way down the hall! So save up your chocolates and drop them off in a big bag at the hospital (or the retirement home or the hospice or whatever)!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by elizo View Post
        Maybe drive by the hospital and drop it off at the front desk and ask the nurses to send it to someone who hasn't gotten anything in awhile....we actually did that in the hospital where my friend died last year. On the day she passed away, a HUGE arrangement came for her from her work...we had it sent to someone's room down the hall who hadn't had any visitors for awhile. You could hear the lady saying "Oh, for me! How wonderful!" all the way down the hall! So save up your chocolates and drop them off in a big bag at the hospital (or the retirement home or the hospice or whatever)!!
        That is a great idea!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I got a box of smoked salmon from one client.
          It's getting rewrapped and going to my housekeeper.
          I HATE Salmon.

          Comment


          • #6
            Christmas stresses for me = GRINCH

            I have been making ornaments for my clients, I started earlier in the year, but didn't finish quite yet, but I think tonight I will finish them up and be done.

            the gifting hasn't stressed me, it's the clients who really add the stress. I am happy to be employed, and self employed at that. but at christmas time, people go into a different mode of countdown to christmas and it's annoying. Example of this is my regular client who gets her 2 labs bathed about every 3/4 months, this year, she wanted an appointment for Oct, right before halloween, then right before Thanksgiving, and then right before Christmas. I had to turn her down, I already had my christmas schedule booked up for my every 4/6 week grooms. Normally this lady is only like an every so often so I didn't make her priority. But she was a little annoyed and I had to be honest with her, I explained I already reserved the entire 2 weeks before christmas for my regulars, she thought the she WAS a regular she said. hah!

            The stress of the schedule, working everyday, no room for error, trying to accomodate all my regular clients is hard enough, dealing with the weather starting to get colder, and the additional traffic, plus personal things like hubby just had surgery, mother inlaw chronically ill, there's no time for my own shopping and decorating, I JUST can't get into the holidays anymore. Never thought of myself as a grinch, but I think that's what grooming is turning me into, 5+ years now mobile, you would think it gets a little easier. but I don't think it does. so now every time I hear a christmas song, I turn the station. guess I will be a little more bah hummbug each year.

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope to get the "FEELING"

              now my Christmas lights are up. Maybe tonight when it is dark and I see my lights. Christmas music helps too, and all the movies on tv. Saw/listened Home Alone again last night. Nat lampoon, The Kranks....and the one with Danny Divito.Haven't seen "It's A Wonderful Life " yet again. Getting colder helps. But snow would help too, and we don't have it in Phoenix. Frosty windsheilds sometimes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Full blown Christmas mode here! All last week I was pinning my Christmas pins on my smocks, pulling my pony tail back with cheezy Christmas scrunchies, tying holiday bandanas on dogs and handing out Christmas doggie cookies. I plan on putting the Christmas wreath on the front of my van tomorrow. I bought some (what I thought were) really cute dog Christmas charms for their collars to sell. I sold them like hotcakes last year, but hardly any this year. So I am clipping them on the zipper pull of my smocks. Customers thought they were really neat and I have sold a few like that for people to put on their sweatcoat zippers & purse zippers.

                Tomorrow DH and I are putting out the Christmas blowups in the yard. We have 4 so far and adding to the collection each year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by puppy love View Post
                  Full blown Christmas mode here! All last week I was pinning my Christmas pins on my smocks, pulling my pony tail back with cheezy Christmas scrunchies, tying holiday bandanas on dogs and handing out Christmas doggie cookies. I plan on putting the Christmas wreath on the front of my van tomorrow. I bought some (what I thought were) really cute dog Christmas charms for their collars to sell. I sold them like hotcakes last year, but hardly any this year. So I am clipping them on the zipper pull of my smocks. Customers thought they were really neat and I have sold a few like that for people to put on their sweatcoat zippers & purse zippers.

                  Tomorrow DH and I are putting out the Christmas blowups in the yard. We have 4 so far and adding to the collection each year.
                  Oooh, Oooh! I forgot about a Christmas scrunchie! PL, do you have a picture of your collar charms and do you mind my asking where you order? They sound cute. You can PM me if you'd like.

                  Victoria

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hard to get going

                    for some reason but we just had our first snow... the houses in town are all decorated but something feels off...
                    Just seems so cheesy this year
                    sorry to be the voice of Scrooge...
                    saw that old one already...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
                      Oooh, Oooh! I forgot about a Christmas scrunchie! PL, do you have a picture of your collar charms and do you mind my asking where you order? They sound cute. You can PM me if you'd like.

                      Victoria
                      Got 'em at Pet Edge. They have Santas, Candy Canes and Christmas trees with sparkly stones on the trees. I got mine in September so they may or may not still have them....if they do, maybe they are on sale!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by puppy love View Post
                        Got 'em at Pet Edge. They have Santas, Candy Canes and Christmas trees with sparkly stones on the trees. I got mine in September so they may or may not still have them....if they do, maybe they are on sale!
                        THANX!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's sneaking up slowly!! I finally got a few lights up today and started handing out a few presents to customers this past week...My sister and I went to "Miracle on 34th Street" at a local dinner theater last week. It was awesome! They get such great talent from all around the country! The santa looked and sounded exactly like the one in the movie! That really helped get me in the mood. I'm waiting to see what, if anything, I get from clients. So many tip me so well throughout the year, they really don't need to get me something special for the holiday...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm kinda in the mood. We got everything up just after Thanksgiving. I got the presents wrapped & under the tree. Just waiting & hoping the clients start calling. Most of my reg clients are booked, I could use about a dozen or 2 more. This morning I had tomorrows 3 pom house call & reschedule for next month, they are sick. She was a Monday client & my hubby wants me to have more Mondays off so I took the opportunity to see if she could do a Tuesday instead, it worked. I was still pretty bummed to loose 3 dogs for this month so I went & made cutout sugar cookies with my 5yr daughter. It helped to get me in a little better mood. It does leave me with 20 clients total on the books. I know its early but its not looking like a good month. My Oct was a very good month, very close to 30 dogs. I guess I better get my Christmas cards out & maybe that will give a reminder to the clients that I haven't seen in a while.

                            I do see the dentist next Monday after not seeing one in years (fear of gagging at a dentist's). I know I need my wisdom teeth out as one is dead, the other top one isn't straight & the bottoms are trying to come in which is too painful (I'm 32yrs). With the tops coming down on the gums doesn't feel so good either. I've had enough with the pain. So we'll see what they want to do. I had planned for this surgery to hopefully happen in Jan which was suppose to be light but its already filling up. Maybe I can keep the end of Jan open for it.

                            Shannon
                            The Soapy Puppy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Starshan, does your dentist offer sedation dentistry? If you are nervous about getting your wisdom teeth pulled, ask them about it. I have had all but 1 of mine pulled within the last 2-3 years. A little advise, dont get them done all at the same time, you will swell up like a chipmunk and be very uncomfortable. I had a friend who did that and she was miserable for about 3 days. I had mine done separately and was back at work the next day with no problems. Although I did schedule the easy light dogs for my day after the tooth pulling because you dont want to over exert yourself for a couple of days after the extraction. Also unless your dentist has Saturday office hours dont do it on a Friday. DH did his on a Friday afternoon and even being careful and following the instructions, he got a dry socket and the dentist office was closed till Monday. Not trying to scare you, just some advice from "been there - done that".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X