salary.com groomer average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary.com groomer average

Have you seen this from salary.com what groomers could be making, is this even close to what groomers do make.

Mobile verses Shop

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...es&yearsofexp=

I don't think so, not even my first year did I make that little.
    But it is an average between bather and groomer which is kind of not very accurate. Groomers usually make a lot more than bathers and there are many groomers that are not full time.

Comment

Hope not too!! seems very low to me!

Comment

Who can live off of that?? Too low IMO. I made more than the 10% when I was working part time as a bather in highschool.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

If this were true, we'd all be looking for different careers...LOL

Comment

Keep in mind that they are likely using figures from tax filings. So the figures can easily be depressed by thousands of groomers and bathers who may have only worked a few weeks and part-time. Well, there are also too many groomers that don't declare all their income either, especially that which comes in as cash. I've seen groomers caught by the IRS who declared almost none of their cash sales, talk about getting into trouble for years ahead. Pocket $10,000 to $20,000 a year without paying taxes and you get your butt kicked big time, and I never take them for consultation services, they need a tax consultant.

Just to be clear to newbies here, if you are self-employed, the salary.com figures would better represent in general your personal taxable income from the business after deducting operating expenses, never what your business grosses. Think of it like they are talking about taxable income for you from the business (gross sales income from services and products sold, less cost of golds sold and operating expenses, which then equals net operating income subject to personal taxes (which you can generally think of as your "salary" from your business). Do not confuse the salary.com figure as to what your business would GROSS.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Top 90% Percentile: $40,000?

Comment

I would say it is fairly accurate. Median range is between 23K and 32K. In the last 7 years, I have made anywhere from 8K (when I was starting my mobile business) to 34K working salary for a vet to $49K working for a corporate store. After 3 years being mobile, I am making about $30K/year and only working 4 days a week most of the time.

Comment

gosh, 30k a year would barely pay my bills!! being a single mom I have to kick butt or sink! lol

Comment

That would be true for me too about not being able to amke my bills on 30K/yr. However, I do have a husband to help. (I also took the entire month of June off last year due to surgery ) I choose to only work 4 days a week, believe me, I would have no problem filling 7 days/week if I wanted to work that much. Also, once my van is paid off, my income will automatically increase another $13K/year.

Comment

I think this is true. But after reading all of the posts I feel very bad about what I make. All though I am working in a very new salon and not a lot of people know that we are here. I hope to make a lot more soon.

Anglea

Comment

Working...
                      X