Dmv ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmv ?

Someone posted a thread stating that we should have been paying tax and license on the van only and not the cost of the conversion .The Dmv is raising my tags this year to 800+ I tried to find the thead can anyone pull it up for me?My tags are do in Jan.I had my van since 07 I wonder if they would give a refund for the over pay.

Don't Bet On a Refund!

Our dear Governor DOUBLED up the price on all vehicle tags. Something he said he wouldn't do just to get elected. The tags on my deisel were well over $400.00. Apparently, when we get outta the hole, our tags are supposed to go back down in price. In other words, Don't hold your breath.

Although in reading your post again, I'm not understanding how the DMV can raise your tags to over $800 if your rig is an 07. I'm confused.
    Last edited by Mamabearwith2; 12-02-09, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Since the DMV tags prices are based on your local state it would be hard to use a national thread to fight your case. I would suggest that you go on to your local DMV website and search.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
        Our dear Governor DOUBLED up the price on all vehicle tags. Something he said he wouldn't do just to get elected. The tags on my deisel were well over $400.00. Apparently, when we get outta the hole, our tags are supposed to go back down in price. In other words, Don't hold your breath.

Although in reading your post again, I'm not understanding how the DMV can raise your tags to over $800 if your rig is an 07. I'm confused.
        All tags went up in the state this year starting in Apri. My pick up went from 280.00 to 400.00My van tags last year was 600.00.The van new was 62,000.00 29,000.00 for the van the rest was the conversion.I'll let you all know what happen with the dmv.
        Last edited by happy trails; 12-04-09, 08:35 AM.

Comment

With the costs of everything being so much higher in California, I am so happy we moved away when I was still pretty young. No wonder the state is in the financial state it is in. My van's registration here in Texas is under $60/year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussheplady View Post
            With the costs of everything being so much higher in California, I am so happy we moved away when I was still pretty young. No wonder the state is in the financial state it is in. My van's registration here in Texas is under $60/year.
            I agree. I'm glad I'm in WA. Granted money is really tight for us so we got rid of our passenger van because tabs were needed, emissions test along with it needing a new windshield & tires which we couldn't afford. The tabs were going to be $88 & that's high because they were requiring a new license plate at $20. I'll remember not to move to CA

Shannon
            The Soapy Puppy

Comment

Working...
            X