Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towel Service-ShamWows ??

Hello-
    I'm just getting started and I'm looking into having a towel service-but I'm having difficulty finding a service that will pick up and deliver to a residence. I'm curious to find out what others are doing--
    Has anyone had any experience using the ShamWow towels?
    I just can't see myself finding the time to wash a bunch of dirty, hairy towels on a regular basis.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I wash my towels every evening; dry; fold and put them back in the van. I have about 5 or 6 days worth of towels, but don't like them to get sour.

Deidre

Comment

We don't have a towel service around here. I looked into it. I use a sham and a towel on each dog. I groom about four to six small dogs a day. I usually wash them every night. Hang the shams to dry. It's really no biggy. You get used to doing it.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I use the shams or moisture magnets. I let them dry on the tub each night and put them in my dirty basket to wash once a week. I can put about 50 in the wash at a time. At $2 each, I think they're a great value.

Comment

Well, I'm not mobile, but I use Cintas. I love not having to lug, wash, dry, fold, and lug back! It got to be a huge chore and I really dreaded it. It's worth every penny to have them done for me now.

Comment

They don't deliver to me either

I use a towel service but they won't go as far south as I am. I found where they do go -- a senior community. They put a bin for me in a location and I take a trip up once a week to drop off the dirties and pick up the clean ones. Sometimes I can't make it make it weekly and tell them it will be the following before I drop off. It's never a problem. It's about 15 minutes north of me. You might ask your towel service if there is a creative way for you to use them. Most business are looking for ways to pick up new business.

Comment

It really doesn't take alot of time to wash towels once you're home. I have a bright pink laundry basket in my rig and when it's full at the end of each day, I just take it straight into the laundry room and start a load before dinner and before I sit down. Since I use so much bleach in them, I can even leave them in the washer overnight if I forget and stick 'em in the dryer in the morning without getting any sour smell. I don't have a problem putting dog towels in my personal washer, since they're only used to dry off clean dogs. If I use one for a gross clean up, it goes straight into the trash.
              Last edited by Mamabearwith2; 12-03-09, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I had a thread called 'Dirty laundry' posted asking this same questions. Refer to that thread for mre posts and advice.

Comment

Sham Wow is awesome.. It cuts my laundry cost AND time drastically. For ~ 20 bucks it's definitely must have...

Comment

Sham Wows are okay, but I prefer a big, thirsty, thick bath towel myself.

Comment

You can get sham wow type towels in Walmart in the automotive section.
                      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I use nothing but sham wow type towels. I have a small water-filled bucket with a smidgen of bleach in it and toss them in there when they've been used. Once a week they get washed. No machine drying, though, or you ruin them.

If you don't mind wringing out the sham wow's, then they're a great economical alternative to towels. You don't have to worry about smell or having a huge inventory because they're supposed to stay wet and they can be dried instantly.

Heck, we even use them at home for ourselves in place of regular towels and saved quite a bit of money on our electric bill. We have one for the shower, one for bathroom cleaning, and 2 for kitchen cleaning. Saves so much that way!

Comment

ShamWows size?

Sounds good-I'm just starting up mobile--Don't feel like washing towels at home-and can't find a towel service that will deliver to my residence. Can you give me an approximate size of the ShamWow? How many do you own? Guess that depends on you volume huh?
                          Thanks so much for the reply--

Comment

If there is no towel service local you could hire a retired lady who wants to pick up a few bucks. they would be grateful for the $ and you won't have to wash towels.
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Take a piece of poster board and split in two, and that's the size of a sham wow. You can technically just use one sham wow and just ring it out when you need, but you can use 2 and alternate if you'd like. Some folks also cut one to a smaller size to dry the face so as to avoid the breath smell from being rubbed on the rest of the body.

You don't have to use Sham WoW. The genuine leather ones are the most absorbent of the bunch, but man do they look nasty after awhile, like a dirty sweat rag from the garage. I use The Absorbers because of the pretty colors and they work on my shaved cats really well.

Comment

Working...
                              X