Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED: Driven to Groom (sm) Contest - Win $250 Essay Contest or Limited Edtion T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED: Driven to Groom (sm) Contest - Win $250 Essay Contest or Limited Edtion T

Winner will be announced April 21, 2010. 4 Finalists will have their entries posted at www.driventogroom.com.

UPDATE: Our new mobile info site is now www.driventogroom.com. In one location you can locate mobile info without travelling throughout PG.com. We will have FREE mobile business forms coming developed by Grooming Business in a Box.

When you enter the contest below starting January 1 your name will appear at the site so you know we got your entry. However, your entry will not be displayed until after the contest. You don't want other contestants getting good ideas from your essay do you? No. Best to keep quiet but later we will display most entries when contest closes. Thanks.

CONTEST: Win $250 Essay Contest and a Driven to Groom (sm) MobileGroomerTALK special edition T shirt.
    Write an essay of 500 up to 1,000 words that shares with readers:

1) What "drove" you to go mobile?
    2) What "drives" you to stay mobile?

Uplifting and inspiring stories are sure to be received more favorably. The focus is not to "bash" or discredit non mobile grooming, but instead truly share the joy and other attributes of mobile grooming based on first hand experience, yours.

Everyone who enters will have their name put in a drawing for a special edition MobileGroomerTALK T shirt - Driven to Groom (sm) edition.

--------

RULES:

1) You do NOT have to be a member of GroomerTALK Message Board, but we hope you will become a member if not already. You must currently be an employed or self-employed mobile groomer with a mobile van, truck or trailer or similar conversion vehicle setup.

2) Do NOT post your entry on the Message Board. Instead, send it by email to [email protected] or mail to: Find A Groomer Inc., Attn: Driven to Groom, PO Box 2489, Yelm, WA 98597. We prefer email please. All or most entries will be published online at Driven to Groom (sm) after the contest concludes. Judges will include executives of Find A Groomer Inc., and one of more mobile grooming personalities that may volunteer (tba).

3) Your entry must include your legal name, address, telephone and email if you have one.

4) You must be 18 years of age on or before 1/1/10. Entries accepted worldwide.

5) We encourage you to include one photo of yourself and your mobile vehicle, but it is not a requirement and judging will not be based on photos. If you cannot send a digital file, mail a print photo to above Find A Groomer address along with your entry on disk or in print and we will scan.

6) Contest is open for entries 1/1/10 to 3/31/10 and the $250 winner will be announced by April 30, 2010. Consolation prize winners will be announced at the same time.

7) Entries become the property of Find A Groomer Inc. to publish at Driven to Groom (sm) www.driventogroom.com without time limitation. Not all entries may be published online.

8) We do expect decent or better grammar and spelling. If you don't quite have that skill, don't let it stop you. Get a friend or relative to assist. There are grammar and spelling tools in most word processing packages, and www.rightwriter.com is a good inexpensive computer program to help writers.

9) Entries submitted by postal mail MUST be postmarked by 3/31/10 and received by 4/15/10. We are not responsible for lost entries. Entries submitted by email will receive a confirmation.

10) If you are selected as the $250 winner you must complete a simple eligibility certificate with our office to confirm your eligibility. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes related to the value of the prizes received. Void where prohibited.

11) The $250 winner will receive also receive a special edition T shirt. Additional special edition contest T shirts will be awarded in a drawing of all entrants with eligible entries. You may order a custom size and postage delivery is included. Allow 30 days for delivery after winners are announced. Artwork is currently in progress.

12) Updated: Your entry should not be published at any other web site within or outside PetGroomer.com before the contest concludes 3/31/10, but you may thereafter with pre-approval please.
    Last edited by Stephen; 04-21-10, 08:05 AM.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Hi Stephen,

I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving Holiday, lots of rest and a renewed spirit. I have a question on this essay:

I'm about 95% done with my essay for this contest. Would it be acceptable to post our entries to our blogs before we submit or is that "jumping the gun" too much?

Thanks!
    Donna Smith, C. A. H.

Comment

Originally posted by Windswept View Post
      Hi Stephen,

I'm about 95% done with my essay for this contest. Would it be acceptable to post our entries to our blogs before we submit or is that "jumping the gun" too much? Donna Smith, C. A. H.
      OH MY NO! Good question. We updated the rules too. Anyone entering the contest should not publish their entry anywhere on the Internet before the contest concludes. You are only weakening your chances (potentially) by letting other entrants read your entry during the contest period. Thanks.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Thank you for noting the update and your valuable words of wisdom.

Donna

Comment

www.driventogroom.com phase one is now complete and open.

Comment

Contest closed and winners to be announced mid April. Thanks.

Comment

We should be announcing the winner Monday or Tuesday latest. Sorry, hugely swamped with last minute entries for Rags to Riches Contest!

Comment

I am waiting to see who wins :-) I didn't enter but I am anxious for everyone else.

Comment

4 finalists - link here

http://www.driventogroom.com/essay_contest.htm

Here's the link to the four finalist entries in the Driven to Groom Essay Contest.

Comment

Working...
                  X