Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add on,s

do many of ye ave add on,s like furminator desheding things like that

Most of my services are included in my price. (teeth brushing, dremmeling, polish etc) I do charge extra for furminating/deshedding and for flea baths or skunk baths.

Comment

i have hourly rates irregardless of the service provided. i don't charge extra for particular shampoos. if a customer needs a special medicated shampoo that i don't carry, then they provide it.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

You'll get alot of different answers on this one. ;-) I only add on for alot of extra time spent- dematting, scissoring, etc. I don't charge extra for special shampoos, conditioners and such. I don't like to be 'nickeled and dimed to death' when I go somewhere, so I guess I run my business according to what I would respond to as a customer.

Comment

We do. We have an hourly fee for deshedding that goes on top of the normal groom price.
          We also charge for other extras like teeth brushing, nail filing, "special" shampoos (oatmeal, hypo, flea, etc), nail polish
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

add ons

I do a toothbrushing for 5.00 (give them the toothbrush after, tb's are 6/1.00 at the dollar store)
            I do a blueberry facial (bought at APF, luv it) for 5.00
            Dematting is 5-10 extra for tangles; matted dogs are stripped.
            Express groom (2 hrs or less) are 10. extra for small dogs, 15-20 for large.

Deidre

Comment

This is the way I handle it and the reason why.(this has been a thread posted somewhere already, but anyway) I have a base price that includes haircut, hydrosurge bathing, ears, nails, polish(if requested)bows and/or bandanas. Now, the add-ons I do separately because if some people aren't interested in all that "fluff" nor can they afford it, and for the ones that can, they pay it. That way you're not making it too expensive for some and broaden your client targets. add-ons include furminate/per size xtra...whitener 5.00, conditioner 2.00..nail grind 10.00, anal glands 10.00(vet charges 13.00) flea treatments 10..oatmeal(free in the winter) 6.00 XTRA as are any medicated baths. Hot Oil treatments 10.00, coat intensifiers 5.00...gosh just think about it all...all that adds up in a year..it doesnt make sense to me to give it away,Its not your ordinary groom ..my base price starts at 40.00 adding the spa lavish line next month as an add on also...I use the Coat Handler shampoo system as my basic line.

Comment

oh I forgot, express grooms are double the price, and I charge 35.00/hr for combing, badly matted is mandatory strip. I don't offer teeth brushing...just breath spray and thats free with their groom...

Comment

Working...
                X