Evening appts for mobile groomers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening appts for mobile groomers...

Hi all! I brought this up one other time, but didn't really ask anything specific (I don't think). I am considering offering evening appts a few days a week...for those of you that do this, what exactly do you consider evening? I mean, how late do you book your latest? I considered booking as late as 6pm, so as to be done by 8pm. Thanks for any input everyone!!! I currently take my last one at 2 or 3, to be done by 4 or 5pm.

i do evening appts since i only work 3 days and no weekends. my absolute latest is 7pm. but generally my last appt is 6pm and i try to schedule a nap in the afternoon! they're my best and most appreciative clients

Comment

I groom on Thursday evenings. I do 6:30 so I don't get stuck in rush hour traffic.

Comment

I must be done by 8 pm on my evenings. But I try not to go later than 7 pm so I can get my kid into bed at a decent time.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

When I first started mobile I would go out for evening appointments. I don't do that anymore. But when I did do it, I would finish my day by 3:00, go home and get some house work done, fix and eat dinner, feed the dogs, then go back out for 7 and 8:30 appointments. Then I would get back home at 10 or 10:30 depending on how much time I spent talking. After awhile I couldn't manage to get any early days and found myself getting home at 6, and just barely having time to scarf down a couple slices of pizza or McDonalds and feed the dogs and go back out again. That is when I quit the evening appointments. Also when I did do them I only did people who lived within a couple of miles of my house.

Comment

I do one late night a week. Generally, my hubby goes with me (we don't have kids, just critters). I try to keep those appts close to home and either large breeds I couldn't do on my own or multiple pet houses when he can help me with the bathing. We've worked as late as 9pm on those days. The way I figure it, if we weren't working, we'd be sitting around watching tv, reading or playing on the computer. All nice things, but I put that evening appt $$$ in a special place so that we can take several nice vacations a year, if I want a new piece of furniture I use that $$$...it's kind of like our mad $$.

I do agree with Misty. Having them close to home does make a big difference.

Comment

I currently do evenings about two nights week. I book at 6:30 but only go within a 15 min drive from home. Most times I am home my 8. My customers are most appreciative since most people work, and I am still transitioning from another profession. I do quite a few mid to larger breeds so its worth my time. Eventually I am going to only offer one night a week I think. I don't work on weekends as that is my family time.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input! It really gave me a better idea of how to arrange my time.

Comment

Hi before you consider doing late appointments ask yourself is it really neccessary to do so.You will find that you fill your day apointments up.I don't know if you are trying to be more accomadating in doing evenings.I know it may sound good in the begining but you may grow tired of it then what you have to tell the clients no more evenings.Why even start it.Mobile gives you such freedom its like why work weekends if you don't want to.I work one weekend every two months and hate it.I used to work one weekend a month and have since cut it down.In the begining I needed the work and did it now I'm so busy durring the week.I dread when a weekend I have to work.I know everyone is different.I'd just thought I would give my point of view.

Comment

Working...
                  X