lipsystem or groomer helper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lipsystem or groomer helper

hi guys could i get your help with this please witch 1 of these would b a better buy for a van that would b doing giant breeds to toy breeds realy need your help on this 1

Hi Mobile Marty I do all size dogs and I have a Lipps system. I really like it especially for the bigger dogs. It works great to keep them standing up and keep them from falling off the table.
    I bought one of the slings for the small dogs so that I could do their legs but I didn't have any luck with that. I just fasten their head to one post and their rear to the other, that keeps them from spinning and sitting. You can fasten their head up so that their mouth can't quite reach your hand while you are doing pads and nails. That really pisses them off, especially when you laugh at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Misty View Post
      Hi Mobile Marty I do all size dogs and I have a Lipps system. I really like it especially for the bigger dogs. It works great to keep them standing up and keep them from falling off the table.
      I bought one of the slings for the small dogs so that I could do their legs but I didn't have any luck with that. I just fasten their head to one post and their rear to the other, that keeps them from spinning and sitting. You can fasten their head up so that their mouth can't quite reach your hand while you are doing pads and nails. That really pisses them off, especially when you laugh at them.
      thanks misty it looks like it would b better for bigger dogs alrite looks realy strong.

Comment

Both are good.

Personally I would think the Lips system would get in the way of some of the grooming. I'm a fan of Groomers Helper though, so might be one sided, hee hee.

Be very sure to look up Groomers Helper and see the threads under search. There is a current one still showing under new posts, I think it is titled Another Groomers Helper Thread or Question.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
          Personally I would think the Lips system would get in the way of some of the grooming. I'm a fan of Groomers Helper though, so might be one sided, hee hee.

Be very sure to look up Groomers Helper and see the threads under search. There is a current one still showing under new posts, I think it is titled Another Groomers Helper Thread or Question.
          thanks i,ll check that out

Comment

Hi, I use both systems, and have had good experiances with both, depending on the temperment of the animal to which I use. Groomers helper is awesome for holding them, but I use the Lipps system slings alot for the older dogs, I have found that some just just need extra support while I do their nails, or trim feet. They don't seem to mind just hanging out, and without having to move their legs too much to trim and dremel their old joints don't get stressed out, the less pain we cause them and the more security we give them the less they will fight us. Of course in saying that there is always little fluffy who is so spoilt/untrained she needs to be just snubbed with the GH to keep all 4 paws on the table. So depending on what you need more assistance with 100% restraint or a more relaxed restraint to which to buy first.

Comment

I have both and find that I use the GH more often. This will offer more protection from being bit. I don't however have the deluxe GH, just the starter set.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm both seem pretty good what to do what to do

Comment

LIPS vs GH

Well, in my opinion it's comparing apples and oranges. They are both well needed systems in a rig. They work well together. I have something similar to a LIPS, and also something similar to a GH, wouldn't be with out either of them. but then I also use a free wheeling Lazy Susan, on top of my 12 position locking one., Guess I'm set up for just about anything, huh? Maybe it's overkill?

Comment

lips & gh

Originally posted by azoci View Post
                    Well, in my opinion it's comparing apples and oranges. They are both well needed systems in a rig. They work well together. I have something similar to a LIPS, and also something similar to a GH, wouldn't be with out either of them. but then I also use a free wheeling Lazy Susan, on top of my 12 position locking one., Guess I'm set up for just about anything, huh? Maybe it's overkill?
                    so ya think its worth getting both.well its like any job i suppose if ya spend the money on proper tools it makes your days a lot easyer
                    thaks for the info

Comment

I originallyl had a lipps system. I do some big hairys( like a St Bernards...Leonbergers.) I did a young dog ang he twisyed that sucker right off my table. My husband made me a copycat replacement with plummers pipe,I outfitted it with the groomers helper. I now have the best pet positioning system money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by carla View Post
                        I originallyl had a lipps system. I do some big hairys( like a St Bernards...Leonbergers.) I did a young dog ang he twisyed that sucker right off my table. My husband made me a copycat replacement with plummers pipe,I outfitted it with the groomers helper. I now have the best pet positioning system money can buy.
                        kool that sounds like a great idea might try that

Comment

I have the LIPS system and the basic Groomer's Helper.

I would think you could get by with the LIPS System alone because using a grooming noose and the the chains you can secure the dog's head (like the GH does) enough that they can't bite you. I use the GH clamp on one post and the chain link (2 links) on the other post so that I can secure the dogs head when I turn it around.

Comment

I like the Groomers Helper for the simple fact that it is so small and out of my way. I haven't really used the LIPS system so I can't say, but we had it at another shop I worked at and it rarely got used (the dogs were pretty well behaved).

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

i have my own system

I try the groomers helper once and i think is too much work i have my own system, two arms one at each side of the table i add another eyehook to each one just to hang the hammock i bought from romani, i have two loops one short and one longer so i use one for the neck and one for the body if i need it, if the dog try to bite, i have a piece of chain that i can attach to the front arm to the loop on the head and i got all for less than 30.00 i do a big alaskan malamute and that baby never moved with this system,

Comment

Working...
                              X