Call forwarding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call forwarding...

Does anyone have their calls forwarded to their cell number? I have a home office and usually leave my callbacks til the end of the day. My voicemail says "We will make every effort to return your call within 24 hours" but lately, I am having a hard time getting through the 10 plus calls per night. I have considered forwarding to my cell, but am concerned about losing time on my grooms.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!

i forward my calls all the time if i have a chance to answer the phone i do if not they can leave a message that way i have less calls to return later that evening. also what if something comes up and they need to get in touch with you i've had some people call me that same morning to cancel because of an emergency or something it's saved me a couple of times or what if you need to fill that spot with another dog they can call you right back on your regular number.i've given my cell#out but most people just remember my regular phone# because it's easy. it's worked for me in the last 3 1/2 yrs.

Comment

well, if nothing else it gives you the option of returning a couple of calls when you have a moment or catching one of your good clients...and maybe you'll be surprised by how many folks are calling that aren't leaving messages? I'm not sure if the callerid forwards also but will check into that for you if you want...

Comment

cell phone in mobile

Hi, I keep my cell phone for my out going calls. I simply do not accept calls in. They want to talk to me, they have to wait until I get home on the land line.

Unfortunatly when I relocate, the only phone I'll have is the cell. But the same thing will apply. I simply do not accept calls while I'm working on a pet, driving, etc. And heck, if I did, I don't have my book handy (it's in the front seat, not back with me at the darn table..)

My clients will have to be understanding. I'm usually booked a month in adannce with a few smatteriengs of openings...then I shift clients around to make the most of my time and locations. Not something I plan to do in the rig while I'm trying to get to locations and such.

Comment

I will forward my calls on occasion if I close early, or on my days off. I only do this during the "slow" season after Christmas. It is amazing how many more appts I can make as opposed to relying on people leaving messages. There are lots of people that won't talk to a machine for some reason.
          SheilaB from SC

Comment

We forward the calls over the weekend, so we can continue to make appointments for the next week. Works well!

Comment

when I first started out I had call forwarding on my land line and had the call sent to my cell phone. I found out that it was costing me long distance twice, once for the land line to my cell phone and then it used minutes on my cell phone. It got too costly for me. The other thing was that I don't answer my cell phone when I am grooming or driving, which is most of the day. I cut out the forwarding and now when I have a chance during the day I will call into the message center to check my messages and then return calls. On my answering machine message I do list my cell phone# for clients that need to get a hold of my that day, so far no one has abused that.

Comment

WOW!

Thanks guys! Lots of terrific advice! I can appreciate the suggestions and may incorporate doing a "call back" during a break (haha). I have been using the 123Pet software and often carry my laptop with me, so booking appointments during the day shouldn't be a problem. Currently, I am booking 3-4 weeks out and cancellations are not normally a problem.
                Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Comment

hey onthespot try using nextel they have free incoming for business plans and your phone copmpany should have a plan that can charge you a flat rate for all the incoming, outgoing calls also nextel has free nation wide long distance i've used them for 3 1/2 yrs now and i like them.

Comment

I have Nextel and would tell you to read their contracts very well before you do that. They do not recomend using them for business and do not guarentee service.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

This might sound rude, but I had this problem in my shop, I'd come in to 15+ messages every morning, plus the phone ringing all day. I simply put a "time limit" on calls to 3 minutes. At the 3 minute mark if they haven't booked an appt, I nicely tell them I am needed for another matter and will call back and to please pick 2 days that will work for them. I move on to the next call and get back to the other when I've finished the list, it works like a charm!

Comment

diamienono i'm in california and i use it all the time i hardly ever go over my minutes when we got the plan the sales guy was the one that recomended we got the business plan with free incoming and it's worked for me it will be 4yrs in may that i've had them and i'm a happy customer.

Comment

Working...
                        X