Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydrosurge or Finger Scrub?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hydrosurge or Finger Scrub?

    Which one is better in everyone's opinion? I personally have never used a bathing system and didn't want to invest the money if they didn't work very well.

  • #2
    I've never tried any bathing systems either but I don't know if I would feel that the dog was clean unless I was scrubbing it myself sudsing it up everywhere. I also like to have my hands all over the dog, this way I can feel any irregularities during the bathing process.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm with you, Boxerfan. I like to scrub pads and between toes so feet don't smell "doggie." I can also tell if a dog has previously had water up their nose by someone else bathing because they get this panicked look on their face when I rinse the head. I usually hold with one hand with my just behind the nose and stroke my towards the eyes to be sure. They usually relax once they realize they're not going to drown. I don't see how this could be accomplished with a power wash, but I could be wrong that's the reason for the post in the first place. I was just wondering if the power washes are worth the $$?

      Comment


      • #4
        speed

        I would be worried about how fast it would be to use one. You know how you get used to doing something one way... I would be taking forever with bathing system wondering if the dog was being cleaned enough. But I would love to try one. I know people that love them couldn't go back. So here's what I think.... make one. ITs cheaper to make one and this way you dont have to worry about not liking it. Its such an investment. As I understand you buy the right sump pump and its really simple to turn it into a bath system. Research it and just buy me some les poochs brushes with the money you save as a than you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Bathing systems

          You gals need to look up in the archives the information on recirculating systems...studies show that dogs with bad skin actually benefit from the bathing systems...University of Georgia Vet College...posted by Curtis

          Think about your washing machine or dish washer, they both clean well, using recirculated water with a surfactrant (that's what holds the dirt molecules in suspension) in water. Same principal applies to shampooing a dog.

          You need to understand how shampoos work, then you'd never go back to the wasteful use of hand bathing with too much product, which can cause irritation.

          Remember, shampoo works by the surfractrant surrounding and hold the dirt molecules in suspension, bubbles are air, (suds) and air does not clean It's actually the rinsing that cleans in a hand wash. Again, water+surfactrant=clean doggie.

          I'd never go back to a hand wash, I apply the Blueberry Facial by hand, but on a clean face already done by the recirculating bath...

          I only carry 30 gallon of fresh, but I can do 10 dogs (med size) and still have water left over, and super clean doggies...

          Comment


          • #6
            Hydrosurge

            I love my Hydrosurge. After having one you feel the same way about it as you do your hv, "What did I do with out it". And, as in a hv, it doesn't replace all the hand brushing required, just another aid, the Hydro is the same, A HELPER.

            astrordog

            Comment


            • #7
              You get the dogs FAR cleaner using a bath system than you EVER could via hand-washing. It's faster, saves water and shampoo, the coats come out fluffier.... There's no comparison.

              The trick is to do a consistent pattern each time using steady, side to side motions, so the water jets "comb" the hair. I always start with the feet, legs, and belly, so I know I'm WASHING those areas, rather than just having soapy water running down from other parts I've sprayed.

              Comment


              • #8
                I too love the bathing systems, I've been grooming for 27 yrs and have seen tons of new equipment over the years. I do perfer the hydro surge sytems that syphons the shampoo from the gallons the best, I have never been a fan of the recirculating system, but many groomers love it. I have a Prima system now and it OK. As far as getting the dogs clean, I don't feel you can just use a system. I feel you still have to touch the dog, or scrub it, or whatever you want to call it, I still do and my staff does and all newbies learn that way. Hydro surge will let you use the system is you purchase their shampoo (not the recirculating) and I beleive Prima still does a 30 day trial also. Inquire before purchase, no sense in spending the $$ and not liking it. Good Luck!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by azoci View Post
                  You gals need to look up in the archives the information on recirculating systems...studies show that dogs with bad skin actually benefit from the bathing systems...University of Georgia Vet College...posted by Curtis

                  Think about your washing machine or dish washer, they both clean well, using recirculated water with a surfactrant (that's what holds the dirt molecules in suspension) in water. Same principal applies to shampooing a dog.

                  You need to understand how shampoos work, then you'd never go back to the wasteful use of hand bathing with too much product, which can cause irritation.

                  Remember, shampoo works by the surfractrant surrounding and hold the dirt molecules in suspension, bubbles are air, (suds) and air does not clean It's actually the rinsing that cleans in a hand wash. Again, water+surfactrant=clean doggie.

                  I'd never go back to a hand wash, I apply the Blueberry Facial by hand, but on a clean face already done by the recirculating bath...

                  I only carry 30 gallon of fresh, but I can do 10 dogs (med size) and still have water left over, and super clean doggies...
                  WOW! Great info here azoci and it makes total sense!! I know I want to get a bathing system, I just don't know when or what kind...Everyone likes their own specific brand and raves about it - how do I decide???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have a Hydro Surge

                    I have hadf my Hydro-surge for more than 7yrs! I brought it with me from Cal. I had had it more than 1 yr then! Knock on wood, it has never failed me! For RV traveling Bichons I wet feet and squirt Griminator set a minute then hand scrub legs, toes ears, anywhere really grimey. Rinse, then Hudro w/ more of the Griminator. Whitest dogs ever, and very clean. Years ago in Calif. I bathed a corgi every weekend w/ doctors' med shampoo because the dog was balding. The shampoo I believe was Benzol peroxide based. Welll, they didn't need all the future weekend appts because the coat and skin improved so dramatically and Quickly! To not have a hydro-surge would be grooming in the dark ages! Oh, you gotta get one. Bathing Beauty is the same, but w/ a more flexible hose. I don't know how long they last....mine is just a Timex watch...keeps on running. Oh I hope I didn't jinx it today! It can't go on forever. It overheatyed once when my plumber guy left button on. Gen was on for pre trim and I didn't know it was pumping with NO water! HOT burned myself.TG it still worked! Now that is a good product!!!Try it...you will love it. Remember when we didn't use microwaves? It's like that! Or a cell phone for most of you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I will never go back to bathing by hand. I don't like the re-circulators, but I love the variety which suck shampoo from the gallon & mix it. My dogs are cleaner than ever, shampoo useage is MUCH lower, and it seems to be safer for the skin since you're using less product. I love them; they're right up there with a HV for essential tools.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I do like bathing systems but I always feel that hand washing gets them cleaner. I have done both. That is just my thoughts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PetsRus View Post
                          I do like bathing systems but I always feel that hand washing gets them cleaner. I have done both. That is just my thoughts.
                          I can see where you are coming from. Sometimes I will do a combo on those especially stinky dogs (bathe by hand, and then use the system).
                          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            love my bathing beauty!

                            between the bb and a prima type system we have in the shop i prefer the bb. i still use my hands, and will spot apply shampoo it it needs it (grimenator for those greasy backed goldens) it's faster, rinses more easily, no fluctuation in h2o temps, and doggies are clean clean clean! not to mention all the water saved. oh, yeah, i don't give any facial enemas either, flow can be adjusted and if they're real fruity they get a sponge job.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                              I will never go back to bathing by hand. I don't like the re-circulators, but I love the variety which suck shampoo from the gallon & mix it. My dogs are cleaner than ever, shampoo useage is MUCH lower, and it seems to be safer for the skin since you're using less product. I love them; they're right up there with a HV for essential tools.
                              What ARE the brands that suck shampoo. I'm willing to try one, but don't want to invest the $$ if I'm not happy. I guess I just enjoy shampooing the dog with my hands, but if they work that good and decrease grooming time, I would like to try!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X