Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying phone calls.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Annoying phone calls.....

    Phone rings...they ask my price on a groom for their cocker...well I quote her and the first thing she say's is my normal groomer is only "$"..and I say well I'm mobile and your paying a little extra for the convenience and service I offer...If you don't like my prices..I would suggest you stick with the groomer you have now....Was I rude to say it that way? I get these type of calls quite a bit....It's like even after I explained that I was aware my prices were higher..and that I was offering a "at her door service" She still didn't get it...I really wonder why these kind of people call? ....Any of you have this happen? whats a good way to deal with it..and why do you think they have to tell you their other groomer is less money?

  • #2
    Sticker shock i guess. They dont understand that the cost of running a mobile business and gas prices have to be taken into account for mobile prices. I don't think you were rude, just direct. I would have said the same thing if I got call after call day after day like that. These people always want more for their money.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have this with a home based business! What did they think I would say, oh sure bring it over I will groom it for FREE! My prices are in line with the other 2 groomers in town BUT there is one lady who does cut her prices because she is out of down, she is dirt cheap and she just does shave downs and baths and has no formal training. People are cheap though

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep. I live in Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Why we is some of the cheapest lol. ( I am part dutch) So don't anyone get your nickers in a bunch lol. I get that all the time.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

        Comment


        • #5
          I think you need to embelish the services you offer on the phone. These people havent a clue what mobile is. Tell people the type of equipment you have in your van that would make the groom better and what you do to there dog. People have no idea what dog grooming is or what is involved. I found this out after grooming in peoples homes for 20 years.
          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

          Comment


          • #6
            hi, Kevin

            Originally posted by socalkevin View Post
            Phone rings...they ask my price on a groom for their cocker...well I quote her and the first thing she say's is my normal groomer is only "$"..and I say well I'm mobile and your paying a little extra for the convenience and service I offer...If you don't like my prices..I would suggest you stick with the groomer you have now....Was I rude to say it that way? I get these type of calls quite a bit....It's like even after I explained that I was aware my prices were higher..and that I was offering a "at her door service" She still didn't get it...I really wonder why these kind of people call? ....Any of you have this happen? whats a good way to deal with it..and why do you think they have to tell you their other groomer is less money?

            I would probably change "If you don't like my prices" to, "My services aren't for everyone." I'm fairly good at being tactful. Mostly.lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't feel bad; I work out of my home and I get calls like that every day. People call for a quote( I'm trying to quote higher than I used to too; been burned WAY too many times going too low) I tell them x amount and what the groom involves, they say alright, book dog, then call back to try to knock the price down. Do you need to bathe it? Yes. If we bathe it first will it be cheaper? No. What if you don't do nails, etc. No. I just went through this with the owners of an OES that needs a shavedown. The dog comes in on Sat, and they've annoyed me so much with their dickering over price, and how long it will take, for godssake, that I regret even booking the dog. I feel your pain!

              Comment


              • #8
                It's funny though...when I had my shop there was a chain store that had a shop in it (I won't name names) and they charged easily double what I charged and I'm not being boastful when I say that I was a better groomer than anyone they had in their shop...but still people went there and still people tried to haggle over the price with me....28 for a cocker and 26 for a golden..poodles were 24 or so...and then at the other place they would do the "add on" thing..."do you want the teeth brushed?...do you want a moisturizing bath?..." And I would try to go up 3 bucks on my grooms and folks would flip out!

                BTW...diamienono...you gonna red that van out?...and don't ferget to outen all the lights! LOL! I lived in Bowmansville for a spell!...close to Blue Ball...man, them apple dumplings at the Blue Ball Diner were the tops!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey Kevin--I'm a LuckyDog too. I usually plan on el-cheapos if the first question out of their mouth is "what are your prices?" It doesn't bother me if they come back with those comments as they're not the clients we want anyway. I checked out your website and actually thought that for mobile your prices were on the low end--so they've got nothing to complain about. Are the shops around you all underpriced for the amount of time they're putting into their grooms?
                  Ingrid
                  luckydogpetsalon.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TinksDad View Post
                    It's funny though...when I had my shop there was a chain store that had a shop in it (I won't name names) and they charged easily double what I charged and I'm not being boastful when I say that I was a better groomer than anyone they had in their shop...but still people went there and still people tried to haggle over the price with me....28 for a cocker and 26 for a golden..poodles were 24 or so...and then at the other place they would do the "add on" thing..."do you want the teeth brushed?...do you want a moisturizing bath?..." And I would try to go up 3 bucks on my grooms and folks would flip out!

                    BTW...diamienono...you gonna red that van out?...and don't ferget to outen all the lights! LOL! I lived in Bowmansville for a spell!...close to Blue Ball...man, them apple dumplings at the Blue Ball Diner were the tops!
                    vy no but I'm gonna torow the cow over the fence some hay now onst! That is only about 10 minutes from me. I am in Mohnton. Are you Still in PA?
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by luckydog View Post
                      Hey Kevin--I'm a LuckyDog too. I usually plan on el-cheapos if the first question out of their mouth is "what are your prices?" It doesn't bother me if they come back with those comments as they're not the clients we want anyway. I checked out your website and actually thought that for mobile your prices were on the low end--so they've got nothing to complain about. Are the shops around you all underpriced for the amount of time they're putting into their grooms?
                      Ingrid
                      luckydogpetsalon.com
                      im in a small town...only a few shops..and they mostly do little dogs..one does none over 25 lbs..the other nothing over 50...and they're very low priced...i'm about 10 to 15 over their prices. when i worked at pet something in the city..it was alot more than what i charge..so i'm still trying to figure out the perfect pricing zone..if there is one! lol..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by socalkevin View Post
                        im in a small town...only a few shops..and they mostly do little dogs..one does none over 25 lbs..the other nothing over 50...and they're very low priced...i'm about 10 to 15 over their prices. when i worked at pet something in the city..it was alot more than what i charge..so i'm still trying to figure out the perfect pricing zone..if there is one! lol..

                        Kevin, don't just quote them a price, you have to go further than that. One thing I learned from Stephen (Webmaster) is to let them know what they're paying for, but use words like, "Humane bath" because you're not saying the others in town AREN'T offering a humane bath, but it does make a lightbulb go on in their head.

                        So I tell them my price includes 2 shampooings in such-n-such shampoo that is all natural, bio degradable, bla bla bla, hand dry, nails clipped, ears cleaned and hair plucked, anal sacks emptied, breed standard clip or owner preferance, bows/bandanna, bla bla bla. If you would like teeth brushing, it is only $X, if you'd like specialty bows it's $X...

                        If you have the FURMinator, there is another service, if you have the hydro bath massage bath thingy, you can tell them that as well. They don't always realize they are not comparing apples to apples. You are the apple and they're comparing you with a LEMON (the other groomers in town)!!! They should be comparing apples to apples, and if they don't care about all your services, then like someone said above, "Mobile grooming isn't for everyone," which sort of indirectly tells them they're cheap.

                        You get the picture.

                        Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          durr

                          Originally posted by socalkevin View Post
                          Phone rings...they ask my price on a groom for their cocker...well I quote her and the first thing she say's is my normal groomer is only "$"..and I say well I'm mobile and your paying a little extra for the convenience and service I offer...If you don't like my prices..I would suggest you stick with the groomer you have now....Was I rude to say it that way? I get these type of calls quite a bit....It's like even after I explained that I was aware my prices were higher..and that I was offering a "at her door service" She still didn't get it...I really wonder why these kind of people call? ....Any of you have this happen? whats a good way to deal with it..and why do you think they have to tell you their other groomer is less money?
                          Once you say what and why... theres no reason for any further comments unless they are ignorant or trying to bargain and hope you offer some desparate discount. I would just say.... alright well have a nice day and call me if you ever want an appointment. Click.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Apples to Oranges

                            Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                            Kevin, don't just quote them a price, you have to go further than that. One thing I learned from Stephen (Webmaster) is to let them know what they're paying for, but use words like, "Humane bath" because you're not saying the others in town AREN'T offering a humane bath, but it does make a lightbulb go on in their head.

                            So I tell them my price includes 2 shampooings in such-n-such shampoo that is all natural, bio degradable, bla bla bla, hand dry, nails clipped, ears cleaned and hair plucked, anal sacks emptied, breed standard clip or owner preferance, bows/bandanna, bla bla bla. If you would like teeth brushing, it is only $X, if you'd like specialty bows it's $X...

                            If you have the FURMinator, there is another service, if you have the hydro bath massage bath thingy, you can tell them that as well. They don't always realize they are not comparing apples to apples. You are the apple and they're comparing you with a LEMON (the other groomers in town)!!! They should be comparing apples to apples, and if they don't care about all your services, then like someone said above, "Mobile grooming isn't for everyone," which sort of indirectly tells them they're cheap.

                            You get the picture.

                            Tammy in Utah
                            I handle the pricing calls just about the same as Tammy. I typically get "Well...the local big chain groomers charge X amount". Then I can say that I deal in "quality not quantity", the products I use etc. etc.
                            In addition I have just gone up on my dematting/extra brushing fees. It had been the same for 10 plus years and I went up a couple dollars. I find some shops in the area don't feel the need to charge for this??? Or so I am being told.
                            I have also had some customers goto the local chain groomer and come back to me with their pet MORE matted and then the customer really starts in with "It was only this much there". NOW I have a demat fee from YOU. I don't know how anyone here deals with this but it is frustrating when a client can't tell the difference if their pet is actually being dematted or brushed out properly. I explain it until I am blue in the face and end up with blank stares and dirty looks when I charge a dematting fee. I do explain my policy and pricing up front and even tell them that they should be able to run a comb through their pet after a grooming, etc. But it comes back around full circle. If they were using a comb or brush in the first place there would be no fee. Perhaps this is getting into a different topic for a different post....lol.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i still think they call to brag... they're just bursting with what a great price they pay they feel the urge to tell the world.

                              dematting... the other day a co-worker asked me to help with a lil malteses face i walk over, place my comb on his head make it about 1 inch and it stops. ok fix that matt and call me when you're done. she gets out her brush calls me back same thing happens on the other side. next time i come back it happens in his beard. finally i see her with the comb a little embarassed by now. i come back with the comb in the original position same thing. she curses and complains can't figure it out. i tell her use the fine teeth not the wide ones that whole song and dance took 30-40 minutes. if she hadn't needed 'help' he woulda gone home with matts in his face.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X