How do You Schedule Clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do You Schedule Clients?

I'm not up and running in my mobile yet, but just starting out, when scheduling clients, how do you schedule so you're not flying from one side of town to another? I realize I may have to do that when I first start, but how do you avoid that when you're established and how do you fit new clients into this mix?

This is what works for me, I will schedule someone for a certain day and build around them in that area. In the beginning, I did run around a bit but my biz grew pretty quick and it is not such an issue now. What I usually say to people when they book is "my next appointment availavle in your area is such and such a date" i do have openings on other days before that, but they don't know that. Those appointments usually will get filled in anyway with people that are in that area. Good luck!
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

THANKS!! That sounds logical. I want to make it conveinient for clients, but I also don't want to be going crazy flying around! I get to go look at trailers today, YAY!! I'm in California, and I think when gas prices go up, we're hit pretty high. We're at $3.86 a gallon!

Comment

Scheduling

That's why it's also a good idea to re-book appointments when you are there. Much easier to plan your week and your gas consumption.

Comment

Make sure to set your prices accordingly as well. Our gas here is at $2.55.
          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

hey,mamabear i'm in california in the LA area and gas is around 2.85 or so where do you live that you say it's 3.86?also i pump gas at costco it saves me about 10 to 15 cents a gallon. and about scheduling at first i used to schedule full days regardless of area i just wanted to work a full day instead of 2,3 dogs here and there,now i know my areas like the palm of my hand so i schedule my appts very close to one another within the same block or within a mile from each other that saves a lot of time too and gas that is;just try not to give people options on days tell them you will be in that area on such and such days most people understand.

Comment

Get a map out and grid the areas you want to cover day by day. Blocking areas by zipcode works well also.
              Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by NUNGUIS View Post
                hey,mamabear i'm in california in the LA area and gas is around 2.85 or so where do you live that you say it's 3.86?also i pump gas at costco it saves me about 10 to 15 cents a gallon. and about scheduling at first i used to schedule full days regardless of area i just wanted to work a full day instead of 2,3 dogs here and there,now i know my areas like the palm of my hand so i schedule my appts very close to one another within the same block or within a mile from each other that saves a lot of time too and gas that is;just try not to give people options on days tell them you will be in that area on such and such days most people understand.
                Okay. Oops! I stand corrected. Not 3.86! 2.86 for reg., 2.95 for super and 3.09 for premium.

Comment

I knew that was a typo..lol..
                  Grid your area, stick to the grid. AT first you will be going back and forth. My first week I think I made 20 cents..profit..haha.. I do what luvpups does, I even use the same wording.
                  "Ok, lets see, I'll be in your area wednesday, I have an opening at XX:00, the next time I will be in your area is ____." I service a big area, and have one area per day.
                  Works for me. As time goes by I will shorten my areas or buy another mobile.

Comment

Kim in SD

I sent you a private e mail, I hope you don't mind

Comment

I do what Luvpups does. i schedule around one appointment and when i would preschedule a dog, I would not group them together if they were in different areas.

I have been mobile 2 years now, and still I have no perfect solution. Sometimes you just have to drive more than you would like, but some days get easier as you get on a schedule.

The one's that really mess me up are the one's who don't preschedule. I've been dropping them little by little, and I've also been kind of pre-screening new customers to find out if they are not interested in prescheduling, so then I just don't groom for them and I tell them I can not accomodate those who choose not to get on a schedule.

Comment

Working...
                      X