Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising

I'm new to the board and currently in grooming school now. I'll be getting my trailer made (hopefully) before I graduate. I would like to ask how all you Mobile Groomers did advertising (other than your mobile) when you first started out? I'm panicking, cause I'm so excited to get started, but need to get a loan for my trailer, buy shampoo, ect. put a DBA in the paper, business license, ect. I would like to be up and running by thetime I graduate.

internet

I just put an add in the online yellow pages for free.

I am wondering if the book is worth it, at 70 a month.

I had a friend make my business cards, and all I had to buy was the
    Paper for about 20 bucks. I took her out to lunch for the rest.

If you have a buddy with good computer skills they can even make you a
    simple web page. Fliers and a web page are our next challenges.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird View Post
      I just put an add in the online yellow pages for free.

I am wondering if the book is worth it, at 70 a month.

I had a friend make my business cards, and all I had to buy was the
      Paper for about 20 bucks. I took her out to lunch for the rest.

If you have a buddy with good computer skills they can even make you a
      simple web page. Fliers and a web page are our next challenges.

Good luck to you.
      Thanks!! I've kinda been thinking about a webpage.

Comment

I'm new to mobile also most of my business has came from my local daily news paper.The ad costs me 70.00 a week with a picture of my van. It's working great for me since our new yellow pages wont be out till june and the ad for that is going to be 50.00 a month.I would check and see when your yellow pages is released I had to have my ad in by Jan. to make this years phone book.Good luck with your new business I love being my own boss!

Comment

Thanks For The Advice!

Originally posted by happy trails View Post
          I'm new to mobile also most of my business has came from my local daily news paper.The ad costs me 70.00 a week with a picture of my van. It's working great for me since our new yellow pages wont be out till june and the ad for that is going to be 50.00 a month.I would check and see when your yellow pages is released I had to have my ad in by Jan. to make this years phone book.Good luck with your new business I love being my own boss!
          I'm on limited funds since I'm just starting out, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks again. I like your van. NICE!!

Comment

Well i did yellow pages ad..only about 25 per month here..kinda small city..and I advertise in a little local paper...I also made a website even though it's my first attempt and not too good..I think it works pretty good.
            Word of mouth will be good advertising for you once your up and running...
            Good Luck and best wishes for your mobile career. Kevin

Comment

go to vistaprint.com get your cards made there. you can get them for a steal on their specials. they also have several products to choose from..pass those cards out. vets bulletin boards , pet shops..kennels..get going!! much to do!

Comment

I take out a 1x3 ad in the classified "Pet" section our the local paper. I also run it the same day of each week. People that have seen my van in town but can't write the number down quick enough (am I driving too fast??) say they then see my ad and give me a call. I made my own website on Yahoo and it's fairly inexpensive. My business cards are from overnightprints.com, they are beautiful and were really not that expenisve for how great they look!! Glossy with my logo, phone number, etc on the front and a picture of me with my van on the back. Don't skimp on your business cards. I don't pay for a yellow pages ad and I don't think that has hurt my business.

Comment

Write a letter to your local paper and ask for a press release. This worked wonders and it was all free advertising. Most papers like doing stories like this, especially if you are the only one or a little different.
                  I also advertised in a Val-Pak type of coupon booklet. I got probably 30 calls the first day it came out.

Comment

Working...
                  X