Petco is going mobie in California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petco is going mobie in California!

I was just on Petco's website looking what they had for grooming jobs and see that they are looking for mobile groomers in San Diego and LA.
    Last edited by DAPER DAWG; 02-26-07, 08:43 AM.

Oh, Dandy

Well I guess the experiment in Las Vegas must have been a good one, huh? Lets hope they at least have nice rigs and qualified groomers. Guess there are enough dogs for all of us!

Comment

Ok, Petco is going mobie and Walmart is going to open their grooming shops. The only one question is " what should we do now ". Anyone has good ideas ?

Comment

Sell people on your personal service and knowledge. Make them feel unrushed and that you care for their dogs and they will stick to you like glue. Leaving my previous employ with no company info(despite being accused of that because I did mass mailings) most of my loyal customers have found me. I even had one customer tell me how she defended coming the extra time because I knew what I was doing and it was worth the extra time to come the further distance. And the customers are still finding me 5 months later. They know I care about their pets and that they can depend on me to be honest to them. That is one thign I have always emphasized to others and it does work - Lie once and they will never trust you again. People are funny about their pets but we have to be funnier since we shave dog buttts!

Comment

Originally posted by JJk View Post
          Ok, Petco is going mobie and Walmart is going to open their grooming shops. The only one question is " what should we do now ". Anyone has good ideas ?
          Just keep on doing what you are doing. Offer great customer service and a quality groom. I am not panicing. Their prices are sure to be really high. Plus a lot of people would rather give their money to the little guy vs corp.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Anyone heard anything? Do we know what kind of vans they are using? I wonder if Petsmart will try this...

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
              Well I guess the experiment in Las Vegas must have been a good one, huh? Lets hope they at least have nice rigs and qualified groomers. Guess there are enough dogs for all of us!
              I was wondering where I had heard they were going mobile?! What will come next. . .the drivethru grooming idea??
              ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
              Apparently common sense isn't all that common
              *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Woofique View Post
                Anyone heard anything? Do we know what kind of vans they are using? I wonder if Petsmart will try this...
                Highly doubtful. They are good at selling the services they already have, no reason for them to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by JJk View Post
                  The big box stores ran alot of independent retailers out of business, unless they 'specialized' in something like saltwater fish, reptiles, or birds. The little guys couldn't compete with the low prices that the big boxes could offer on retail items, since the big stores order in huge quantities.

THIS is not that type of situation. I'm in Tucson, and we've got about 4 PetsMarts, I think, and at least 2 Petcos. We've also got at least 30 other independent grooming shops, and about 10 mobile businesses......... well, at least the ones in the phone book, anyhow.lol I have owned a shop here, and am now mobile, and I have to say the big boxes haven't affected me at all.
                  It's a service- be good at providing that service, in every way, and don't sweat it if one of the big guys goes mobile. They opened stationary shops, and we survived it just fine. Groom on. ;-)

Comment

Sell yourself as owner/operator......same van, same groomer, everytime.

Comment

if it is ok to critique what a corporation will be able to offer :

who are they going to get to drive these things?

theres one mobile around me that has miraculously found a good groomer
                      that he trusts enough with his name to put out there in a 2nd van...
                      ITS HIS MOM!

mobile unit operator AND owner (what the good clients expect)

Comment

Hi it will be a matter of time before the stores add mobile for all of the petcos.They will see it's another way to tap into the money making for grooming.I'm not worried about it.The pet owners will just have more choices.Just continue to keep your business top notch and all should go well.

Comment

Nothing to get worried about. I have gotten several dissatified customers from the mobile aspect of this company and those same people are now my regulars every month. Being small can be very big!

Comment

if you work for a big box mobile grooming business. Who does scheduling? employee or independent? refusing a dog? not doing certain breeds? setting prices?

Comment

They will be employees, I'm sure. The company will set prices, hours worked, etc. They don't refuse any particular breeds that I know of.

Comment

Working...
                              X