steam cleaner is my new friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam cleaner is my new friend

After reading someone's post I went out and bought a hand held steam cleaner from Kmart. I am so happy I did. It blew out all the air from the corners that had packed in there and in the seams. It also did great in cleaning around the furnace vents as well as the floor. Just spray and wipe away. In about 10 minutes everything was sparkling.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

I have one of those too...it really does work beyond compare for blasting the gunk out of the corners.

Comment

Fury- Do you know what brand it is. I neeeed that bad!
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I answered via PM, but for anyone else who's interested. I have the Fantom hand held model. It was $39.99.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I have a scunci...from kmart or walmart i think.

Comment

just bought the shark. just a note, these steam machines should not be used in place of disinfectants. after cleaning, disinfect. you can't put disinfectant into the steam water either. you will ruin the machine.
            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I have a shark and never even though to use it in the van. Glad to hear it works so well in the corners. I was thinking a toothbrush may be the only thing that would work.
              I think I'll fire that puppy up this weekend.

Comment

i use the scunci too i also have the shark but i did not like it not enough pressure on the shark.

Comment

Hi sounds like a good idea the next time I'm at one of those store I will look into buying one.It's so hard to get the grime out of the corners yuck!

Comment

I use the Mr. Clean Magic ereaser everywhere in my trailer. I don't get much gunk buildup because I spray my walls faithfully with Downey. I don't do a thorough cleanup at the end of the day, I just go home and blast the ceramic heaters. Most of the hair and dander falls to the floor by morning and I just vacuum it up. Don't know what I will do in the summer though lol
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

when

ok so do you dilute the downy??? and so you just spray it in the am before you leave? and also doesn't it just run down the walls? cuz i have a hard time keeping all that **** off my walls then the weekly cleanup takes forever. and i have so little time. i'm booked out like 6 weeks and have just hired someone to do one of my areas...so i'm too busy to even think about spending hours in the van cleaning. but i do need to do a thorough cleaning once a week. thanks.

Comment

how i use mine is i vacuum at the end of the day. spray my truck with my combo disinfectant/cleaner i made up from 2 davis products. wait 10 minutes and steam the truck and wipe down. i will say it is cleaner than without the steamer. and yes,i did run the scenario by davis before using. i've had customers walk in my truck and say holy cow even the ceiling is clean. you don't truly appreciate a disinfected truck until one of your customers calls to tell you the dog you just groomed has mange and everyone knows that it did not come from you and you are not worried about other customers that afterwards.
                        Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Working...
                        X