vehicle input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle input?

How many of you have Odyssey or Ultimate vehicles and what are your opinions of them?

I don't have either, but I did work, for a year in the ultimate...wouldn't buy one. There's no petition between the grooming area and the cab of the truck, so even with curtains hair very easily makes its way into the front. My old boss spent 800 fixing the air conditioner...all because hair got in the vents and its difficult to take apart.

Other things I didn't like:

Water is heated through the engine...sometimes its not hot enough...if you forget to turn it off water will overheat. There's not hot and cold water to mix.

Hated the air conditioner in the back. Got filled with hair all the time and didn't do a good job cooling

Didn't like the generator being under the van, for clearance and maintenance.

Didn't like open storage area. Things flew all over even if secured

Not enough usable storage space

Didn't stay warm in the winter. Had to run the van continuously for heat. Used lots of gas

Difficult to get to things to replace such as water pump

Didn't like mechanism to empty gray water tank
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by furrybestjob View Post
      I don't have either, but I did work, for a year in the ultimate...wouldn't buy one. There's no petition between the grooming area and the cab of the truck, so even with curtains hair very easily makes its way into the front. My old boss spent 800 fixing the air conditioner...all because hair got in the vents and its difficult to take apart.

Other things I didn't like:

Water is heated through the engine...sometimes its not hot enough...if you forget to turn it off water will overheat. There's not hot and cold water to mix.

Hated the air conditioner in the back. Got filled with hair all the time and didn't do a good job cooling

Didn't like the generator being under the van, for clearance and maintenance.

Didn't like open storage area. Things flew all over even if secured

Not enough usable storage space

Didn't stay warm in the winter. Had to run the van continuously for heat. Used lots of gas

Difficult to get to things to replace such as water pump

Didn't like mechanism to empty gray water tank
      Tell us how you really feel

Comment

Odyssey

I have a 1998 Odyssey. I love it. The formica would not have cracked had I kept the stool hooked up bedfore driving. I do think the wagntails vas look nice, but hi-top top heavy, with unnecessaryspace . I would not have propane. I..think it is dangerous and so close to furnace flame. More space it seems in wagntails, and bath accomodates large dogsn with ramp, if you want to do large dogs....I don't. Never any major problems, and always helpful when calling. I had an Ultimate 1st. It was years ago but within a mo. had to rip out and do over by my friend Gary I recommended. He did it like Odyssey without EVER seeing .an Odyssey.,but w/ deep cycle batteries. I think I would do those no matter the van. I doubt they are options with any of the 3 mentioned. Wagntails ok if no propane water heaters. I prefer Ford as I never had any problems with the two mobiles I have had . My van is made in a waterproof., fur proof way. The original wagntails hadpreformed fiberglass tub/shower with a bigb gap where fur got trapped and smelled in a few weeks. Ultimates are prohibited from being sold in California. So I understand.Odysseys are very well made. In had fun choosing Wilsonart formica colors from samples at Home Depot. Lite cream and seafoam aqua green Turquoise vinyl accents. Still looks clean and perky.Refreshing. I know someone who got dryer box ..ended up dirty towel storage. Dryer too slow.

Comment

Well, he asked? lol.... Its difficult choosing what's right for you. You go on line and look at the information from each company, they make it seem like there's no better out there, so it gets confusing. I haven't seen the perfect van yet, but know that each one has something to offer depending on your needs and your desires. I have a WNT. I love it, but there are things that I don't like about it as well. For me, I feel it was the right choice for me. Those things I mentioned really annoyed me, and I didn't always feel safe working in it.

Comment

I was just looking at the Odyssey website and see they now have sprinter models available. They look very, very nice to me. They look bright and cheery and I like the interior setup. They also have a diesel generator, which I never knew there was. I think I'd be interested in that one if I was looking for a new van (although the top would still need to be higher for me).

Comment

Odyssey does make a Sprinter now, but they are VERY expensive. Something on the lines of an Elite by WNTs. Odyssey does make a very nice van.

Comment

Working...
              X