Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

Well today I did it! I was rushing home this morning in a dense fog after taking my dogs to agility practice. I get home and hurriedly head to my first afternoon appointment. The fog is still really bad and the appointment is at some clients that are at the fartherest range that I go. I finally get there, go in the house and get the dog, then I'm ready to start the bath. Turn on the water..... no water... then realized I never filled the van with water before I left! I usually fill the van before going to agility but didn't since I had to leave early because of the fog. I'm so used to having everything being ready to roll when I get home. Never once did I think of it until I flipped the switch to turn on the water.

After 5 years in business I have never done anything that stupid before

Sometimes I take my scissors home, because my husband wants me to cut his hair. I have gotten to work and realized, no scissors. Now I really make sure that I put my scissors with my wallet when I am done using them, so that I won't forget them. Of course I have forgotten my wallet before, so that isn't a sure cure.

Comment

What did you do? Did you have to go to a gas station for water? A dumb thing I do is get the controls wrong in the bathtub. There's only four controls - water pressure, temp, shampoo, and blow dryer, but I am always doing the wrong one.

The dumbest thing I did was come to work without my keys. I rode my bike to work so I didn't need my car keys to get to work. I got to the shop without my keys and couldn't open the door. I had to ride home, get my car and my keys, and drive back as fast as possible. Three clients came while I was gone, including one poor lady trying to drop off for boarding and catch a plane. After that I made a spare and hid it under a rock.

Comment

All my personal grooming tools are in a briefcase style box and I've forgotten it a couple of times (for whatever reason). I'm left handed and my boss is right handed, so using her scissors was a real treat. I use righty thinners, but that's it. Trying to hold a righty scissor still to finish a coat was a pain.

Comment

Bath

[QUOTE=Reader;22401]What did you do? Did you have to go to a gas station for water?

I did a sanitary clip, paw pads, and nails and rescheduled in two weeks when I'd be in town again. She did offer for me to use the bathtub but I didn't feel I could do as good of job. I also rescheduled the other dog. But I guess it just wasn't my day. When I got home there was a message on my answering machine cancelling my next dog. He said it was his daughter's dog and he wanted to get it done for her before see came back to get the dog. He said she came back a day earlier then expected and the dog wasn't there anymore. But I also had a call asking to get a couple dogs done that I do every few months. So I FILLED UP WITH WATER, and headed there. I don't usually give same day appointments.... but this wasn't my usual day.

Comment

At the first place I worked I had a lock box because we were having issues with stealing and I left my keys at home 40 minutes away with no back up.

Comment

I have to take my 7 year old daughter with me when school is closed for the day. It is SUCH an inconvenience because she gets bored very quickly and I can't concentrate. If the customer has children, they always invite her in to play while I groom their dog. Anyway, one day my daughter accidentally slammed her finger in the door of the van - OUCH! She was crying and I immediately brought her to the sink and turned the faucet all the way to the right to make the water as cold as possible so I could run her fingers under the water. I didn't know that if you turn the faucet all the way to the right, it will be on the OFF position. I panicked that something was wrong with my water pump. I checked the back of the van, I disassembled the water hose, I was a wreck. The customer let her come in to rinse her hand and gave her an ice pack. She was feeling much better, but I cancelled all my appointments for the rest of the day because I had a "broken water pump." I called all the RV places and made an appointment to bring it in. Then, my husband came home and told me that there was nothing wrong, it was just OFF. I felt like such a fool.

Comment

I take my clippers and scissors in the house every night and I have gone to groom without them. Oh and I have a trailer and forgot to plug the thing into my jeep so I went down the road and had a heck of a time stopping, DUH don't plug the trailer into the jeep and you have no trailer brakes.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

dumbest thing...so many to choose from

I plug in alot unless it is summer and I am running my A/C and generator. My favorite thing to do is get the dog in the trailer and none of my stuff works. So I check my breaker in the trailer, swear alot, then get out to tell the owner I tripped their breaker. Then I realize I never plugged in.

Comment

Forgot to check the blade on 4 kennel and then got distracted after shaving the groin. #10 right down the back! it did blend after some extreme work though.

Comment

When I was working at the animal clinic I took all my towels home to wash them every night, in which I lived 30 miles away. I would more than once forget them and had to go back home and get them.Think I would remember after a while!!

Comment

Working...
                      X