question for those with wagntails vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for those with wagntails vans

How low can you go? On your fuel gauge that is. I never let my fuel get below half a tank, but I would like to know if the generator will still run if I let the fuel get to say a quarter of the tank? Has any one ever tried this?

Never at 1/4 of a tank

They told me the generator kicks off at a quarter of a tank.
    So one day I was on my last dog of the day and it was just a sliver over 1/4 of a tank. Sure enough, I was halfway through drying the dog (luckily I had done a rough cut on her) and the generator kick out. I could probably have plugged in, but all I did was scissor the feet and face and towel dried her and sent her in.
    Now I never let it get much below half a tank.

Comment

I've wondered that myself. I've never let my tank get below 1/2 tank because I'm so afraid of things shutting down. It's one of life's great mysteries...lol . I was told it would shut down between 1/2 and 1/4.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I have never let mine get down past 1/4 of a tank as they told me that once it gets to there the gen kicks off, I've been close but i usually try not to let it get below half a tank. which i end up at like every other day filling with gas.

Comment

I have gone below half but not to 1/4, I do not want to chance it.
          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I know from experience that you can't go to quarter of a tank. Shortly before a quarter of a tank mine shut off (thankfully i had not yet started the groom but did have the dog in the van). I think anything below half a tank is risky, especially if the ground isn't level. I also fill up at half a tank now.

Comment

With the inverter I run mine until the low fuel light comes on. I don't know how much fuel is left when it hits empty so I don't let it get that low.

Comment

Thanks, guys! I did not know that it will shut off at 1/4 of a tank! I always fill up when it gets to a half tank because the previous owner told me to do so. I never asked why, though!

Comment

Yes it will shut off, trust me. The reasoning is that it was designed to do so so that you would not be grooming somewhere and not realize that you were using up all your gas and then not be able to make it to a gas station because you used all your gas grooming. So, it is for your own protection. I think half a tank is the best practice, because of the variables you just never know.

Comment

I let it get low once just to test it. It was between 1/4 and 1/2 but I was parked on slight decline to the front of the van and it shut off. Remember to take that into account if you aren't perfectly level.

Comment

Working...
                    X