wgnt concusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wgnt concusion

Does anyone else with a wgnt hit there head getting in threw the double doors? I have knocked myself silly a few times in the last week. A dog lunged into the van pulling me with him I slammed the top of my head against the top of the door jam now I have me a splitting headache. I'm usually not a klutz. Last week I forgot to close the overhead door and I reached down to pick up my brush came up under the corner of it ended up with a cut and a lump I guess I better start wearing a helmet.

I've left the cabinet door open when I've dropped something (usually a bandana), have stood up and hit my shoulder on the corner of the door...talk about pain. I've also hit my head on the grooming arm as well as getting my hair caught in the eye bolt ripping hair out of my head. I'm really surprised I haven't hit my head on the double doors being almost 6 ft.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Been there ,done that!
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Don't you just hate when that happens and your hit your head it hurts so darn bad.I feel like homer simpson when that happens.How about when you get pricked by a slicker brush underneath your finger nail.Ouch.Everytime that happens I think of someone being tortured I've heard of them sticking bamboo in the finger nail.I know I'm wierd.I always warn who ever comes in the van to watch there head upon entering.

Comment

hay

I remember that back with the dodge high top.I forgot about that feature.Is that brain damage memerory loss or sepressed memory syndrome?I still manage to hit my knee cap once in a while on the drivers door.That does'nt hurt the same way.It creeps on you slowly while you hold your leg in the air thinking oh god this is gonna hurt in a few seconds.

Comment

I think I've hit my head everywhere I possibly could have in there and it won't even be a year with my van until May. At least the muscle memory kicks in before I do it a second time. My friend's dad made a comment this morning though about his ice-skating ability--he thinks his "muscle memory has alzheimers" Hehe. If I get this I'll be in trouble in that van.

Comment

i tell my customers that reason the paint is faded on the latch is because my head keeps rubbing it off. i've been doing it for 6 years now. not as bad as in the beginning.
              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Just another reason I love my trailer lol. I don't hit my head on anything, but I do hit myselft the with dryer hose on occasion lol
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

That's like an every day occurance for me. I'm tall, big and clumsy.

Also, I use my vari kennel for storage. If I forget to lock it back up and then bend down for something- I often hit my head right in the center with the end of the locking bar. That's always a real treat.

Comment

i've done that about twice in almost three yrs i try not to let people inside but when they do i always go in first and put my hand right on the top of the enrty and tell them please watch your head i had a lady say it's okay i know and right when she is about to come in she steps up and hits the top of her head so hard that it seemed like she did not have a neck for a couple of minutes and then i ask the dumb question are you okay? she says yes then as she is walking back into her house she's rubbing her head and checking for blood my son and i laughed so hard when she went inside her house,well i still laugh when i think about it, i know i'm so mean.

Comment

Ok, maybe I am gloating:-) But, I have a Hanvey Sprinter and there is nothing to hit my head on :-) or shoulders:-)

Comment

Gracie, the first thing I did when I got into the sprinter at Intergroom last year was hit my head. That's one reason why I didn't go with it..my head almost hit the top of the van when I was standing in it too. I understand that now you can get a highter top now.
                        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Duck

When i picked up my van i heard a story of a women who hung a stuffed duck off the latch thingy (we all hit) to remind herself to duck......lol perhaps wag n tails should hang a rubber duckie from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                            Ok, maybe I am gloating:-) But, I have a Hanvey Sprinter and there is nothing to hit my head on :-) or shoulders:-)
                            What is it you are gloating about? Maybe you are really short compared to the people that bump their heads...

Comment

I scare the doggies sometimes.

I always feel soo bad for the dog in the van with me when I inflict injurie on myself. I seldom talk while grooming. Just work along with the nice tunes...then OOUUCCCHHH!!!! The poor dogs stiffen up and look at me for direction. They think they must have done something wrong. Especially that slicker under the nail trick. Half the time the dogs are almost asleep when that happens.
                              I invite my customers into the van the first time I groom their dogs so that they will see that their dogs are in a safe environment. I also educate them about why they or their family members should not peek inside while I'm grooming. They understand it better from the inside. Well, I always stop!!right before I open the door. I then tell them not to stand up until both feet are an the gray floor. They end up looking down at the floor while they enter. I tell myself that too. I only hit my head once while getting in. Boy oh boy did that smart.
                              I love the little duck idea! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X