shoveling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoveling out

Now I have to attempt to shovel out my trailer. I took today off to because the roads around here are still covered. Now I have to break my back shoveling this heavy stuff. Thank god my dad did my drive witht he snowblower. Hey, anyone want to come and shovel for me?
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Sorry Lisa I would love to help but by the time I could get there you'll be all done
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

Shoveling out

Ouch my back! I hear ya, this is worse than just snow there is a hard couple inch layer of ice here! I'm only off today cuz everyone cancelled so far. But at least I can rest my back!

Comment

LOL!! I know, we got hit pretty hard too. My sister hasnt gone to college all last week, and she has missed the past 2 days cuz of this white stuff. Think summer!! It more than makes up for the winters!! I can say this as I sit in my house and type. LOL. although, right now, it seems like summer is so far away, its snowing out as I speak. summer, summer, summer........

Comment

I tried to shovel, but it is too hard. I can't get the shovel in the ****. My dad is going to hitch my trailer up to his truck and yank it out for me. He has super truck lol. After it is moved I think it will break the stuff up and we can get a lot of it with the snow blower. Thank god for modern technology.

Comment

Snow bunnies

Just go out in a bakini some guy will come help you lol.Im still playing catch up and the phones are still out.At least the cable tv still works. It's not bad at the moment the roads are cleared the ice is sort of melting where it is in the sun.Customers have'nt done squat to clear the ice from the walk ways steps or drive ways. A lot of really big power lines fell to the ground yesterday,the high school was used for a shelter for a bunch of people who lost power.Winter is a real hoot.I would rather get 2 feet of snow then to get ice. Summer is not far off.Then everyone will complain about the heat, hair getting stuck in places it should'nt etc...
            Well back to work,lunch is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
              Just go out in a bakini some guy will come help you lol.Im still playing catch up and the phones are still out.At least the cable tv still works. It's not bad at the moment the roads are cleared the ice is sort of melting where it is in the sun.Customers have'nt done squat to clear the ice from the walk ways steps or drive ways. A lot of really big power lines fell to the ground yesterday,the high school was used for a shelter for a bunch of people who lost power.Winter is a real hoot.I would rather get 2 feet of snow then to get ice. Summer is not far off.Then everyone will complain about the heat, hair getting stuck in places it should'nt etc...
              Well back to work,lunch is over.
              If I go out in a bakini I will scare everyone away and get arrested lol

Comment

C'mon

No Daisy Dukes in the bottom of the paints drawer huh?

Comment

UH, NO! Besides. It took us 5 hours of pick and shovel to break it up for the snow blower. I love my daddy. He is the best and does anything for me. I am so thankful for my parents. I don't know where I would be if not for them. Doug, why don't you go out in a speedo and see if the ladies will help you out.

Comment

Help?

How would that help? I dont need any help with removing snow and ice I have a tractor and snow plow.It's an old tractor so it actually works. Thought about a snow blower but they do not pull trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                      How would that help? I dont need any help with removing snow and ice I have a tractor and snow plow.It's an old tractor so it actually works. Thought about a snow blower but they do not pull trees.
                      So just put on your speedo and run around outside anyway lol

Comment

I missed three days due to the snow/ice ... went out today, but the side roads are just awful. It would be nice if my clients would tell me if their roads are impassible! Anyway, with all that timeoff mideweek I'm working the weekend to start catching up and next week is jam-packed. Sure hop I get caught up before we get another round!

I try to schedule loosely in the winter so I have room to move things around for snow days, then the winter was all unseasonably warm, so I gave in to temptation and took on more new clients as they called ... then wammo. That's what I get fro not foloowing my own advice I guess.

But back to shoveling ... my driveway is almost 200 feet long ... DH and I joked when we bought it that if we still lived in New England rather than south of the Mason Dixon Line we'd have never bought this house .... but we do seem to find ourselves shoveling it each winter!

Meesh

Comment

You need a snow blower lol

Comment

Working...
                          X