Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for everyone

Hi guys,
    Hey does anyone call there customers the night before to remind them of there appointment? I started doing that when I first started my business, but then I got tired of it. I've only had two people who forgot there appointment. Most of my reoccuring customers I have talked them into booking every 4, 6 or weeks out so that they are sure to have an appointment. I tell them if they need to cancell I would rather have that then them not being able to get a spot when needed, it works very well.
    Kellie

Hi Kelly,
    There's three pages of this post in General Talk. All you have to do is use the pull down menu (search) type in "reminder calls" and it'll take you to that thread.

Comment

I do make reminder calls. Although I find that there are clients who have very strong opinions about getting a reminder call, either in a positive or negative way. Because of this I ask the client if they would like a reminder call, and then only call those who agree. I make sure to give each client a really cute reminder card and inform them that it is very important for them to keep their appointment because I am very busy and it can be difficult to get back in if they forget. I also get mostly standing appointments, but some of them also want a reminder call. There was another thread somewhere on the forum about making reminder calls that had lots of opinions and ideas as well. Some of the other ideas included text message reminders and email reminders.

Comment

i always have to remind my clients the night before. if i don't they totally forget. They are expecting it now so i just do it. plus i've been doing it for years. i don't really have anyone that doesn't want me to call them.

Comment

Hi as a rule of I always give a reminder call the day before.The clients are used to it and if they've forgotten they thank me for it.It also cuts down on no shows.I feel safer going with a route when I know someones exspecting me.I know it's a pain in the butt to do but I find it necessary.

Comment

I always call, I find they appreciate it and I don't have to spend money and time by mailing out reminder cards. Sometimes I get the - oh I forgot can we reschedule? But that's not that often.

Comment

I do---except if I know they'll talk my ear off, then I might ask a receptionist to do it for me. (Evil grin).

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Edited.
                Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:37 PM.

Comment

i havent been, but thats a good idea. itll require some discipline/organization/structure on my part!!!

Comment

I DO!!

I have found that it saves me a bunch of no shows. Plenty of times the client would say, I am so glad you reminded me, I have to go to so and so tomorrow. I will leave you a key under the mat. The few extra minutes I spend a night confirming my next day's appointment, saves me so much time and headaches when the client is not there. Plus, I would rather have the opportunity to fill an appointment rather than have an unexpected opening.

Comment

Reminder Cards!

I just give my clients a reminder card of next appt...after each groom. Seems to work very well. I've only had a couple that weren't home when i got there and both had good reasons..and rebooked and were there the next time.....

Comment

reminder calls

Yes, we always do reminder calls. I try and do it during the day while the owner is at work and leave it on the machine. I always leave the message for the pet "Hi Gracy, this is Faux Paws calling to tell you how excited I am to see you tomorrow...".

Comment

Working...
                        X