receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receipts

Is it common to give a receipt after completing a groom? Or do you just leave one for clients that are being billed?

Stephen Note: And they begs the question, how many of you bill grooming services? Pretty rare.

I have a receipt book with me at all times, but so far in almost 2 years, no one has asked for a receipt. I still write one up for my records, but that's about it. Payment is due at time of service...

Comment

I don't write up a receipt for my regulars. New clients I automatically fill one out with a description of my services I perfomed. I have had some clients save the receipts because it has my name and phone number on it. Barleigh also had pre made receipts that I use as well. It's just a preference I guess. I think it looks more professional with a receipt. Hope this helps , Pam

Comment

Other than the customer recipt that the owner gets when they pay by debit card, I've never given recipts. I'm getting a receipt book to keep a daily record of the grooms for doing the taxes, but haven't up to this point.

Comment

reciepts

I wanted to be taken as a professional by my clients. We tend to get to know them so well that often they think of themselves as "friends" more than simply clients and can take advantage. My invoices list any and all charges and what those charges were for on the front and on the back is my pricing, what it includes and my no show policy. (REALLY wanted that no show policy on there so they have no excuse not to be aware of it should they "no show") At the bottom of the front is also their next scheduled appointment for those that are regular.

I made the invoices myself in MS Office. You are welcome to contact me if you would like me to email you a copy that you can edit to fit your business.

I used to print them myself, but now have them done in 2 part at Office Max so that I can keep a copy myself as well.

Comment

I'm not mobile but out of almost 2 years in our shop less than 10 have asked for receipts. Our 123Pet program prints a nice receipt for us.

Comment

I have had the same receipt book for three years now, and I think that I have written two receipts out of that book. I do not bill clients, everyone is COD. The receipt book is there just in case...

Comment

No reciepts here. Had my own shop for 6 yrs and maybe had 2-3 reciepts requested. (for tax purposes, owners were truck drivers and used the dogs as guards for the truck) Nice dogs though.

Comment

i have a reciept book (from staples),i write reciepts for all my services, one copy for me one for the customer. they can throw it away if they want. i put whether the pay cash or check, the check #, the next appt, and on my copy i write how much they paid me total so i know what they tip.

Comment

I join the majority, when I first started i had my receipt book and was ready to give those receipts. People told me they didn't want them and some even told me i was adding needlessly to the polution/depletion of the natural resources by giving unwanted paper out. So, although i have the receipt book in my van gathering dog hair, nary a receipt has been written in over 2 years.

Comment

YES, always

Yes, I always give a receipt! On it I note any abnormalities, (in writing!) I also put the next appointment on it. Some of my clients just throw it away, but most want one.

I also keep the original, giving the copy to the client. I also have a stamp that I use for the first 6 times, with the owner signing a work order on the original [which I keep]. this sets a routine, in case I need to prove I've been doing the dog...it also sets my "price" in writing, in case there is ever a need to go back and prove it...
                      Just call me cautious I guess, but I always give a receipt.I use the Barkleigh reseipts. They look very professional.

Comment

Hi I keep a envoice book.I generally don't give reciepts unless someone ask for one.I do keep record of everything I do and charge for.

Comment

Report Cards

I have a pre printed report card that I made up that shows all the service I performed plus any notes they may need to be aware of. IE. Lumps, Moles, behavior etc.... I also note the next appointment and the cost of the grooming. It serves as a receipt for them. Most of my clients love the report card. I keep everything in 123pets on my laptop. (no printer)

Comment

I have only been asked once for a receipt. They are a nursing home so they need it to show what they used the money for. I make sure I have one ready for them! Otherwise I've never been asked for one in the past 2 years I've been in business!!

Comment

I always give a receipt and no I don't bill:-) I had a printer make them for me, they are carbon copy. I like it because on the bottom it says "your next appointment is___". Also on the bottom it reminds them there is a charge for cancellations under 48 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X