van wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• van wash

Where do you take your vans to be washed? The automatic car wash I took my truck through today isn't tall enough for the van. I'll be darned if I'm dragging out the hose and a bucket when it's 25 degrees outside. Any ideas? I'm in southern Monmouth county, N.J.

Ha

I did mine in the cold yesterday evening and was too impatient to put a sprayer on the hose so I used my and got totally soaked. I dont know where there is a tall enough bay to wash these vehicles. I would settle for rain over snow and road salt. The state must have got a good deal liquid calcium on ebay or something.Theyer spraying it like it was free,they even sprayed the bushes and mail boxes.

Comment

I noticed that too Doug. We had like 1/2 an inch and the whole state got sprayed down. My van is so gross looking. I think this weekend I will be washing it with hot water because I have a ton of new clients next week and many like to check out the van. I just hate for it to look so nasty on the outside.

I drove to 2 different wash places and neither was high enough. Grrr, owell I'll just have to do it myself. I did get a nice long adjustable pole washing brush for it and I hope that will help alot.

Comment

Hi where I live I've used mobile car wash guys they come to you home and do it there in your drive-way.It's a little bit more money than a car wash.They do a great job.I wash it every couple of months and get it waxed three times a year.They just clean the inside of the cab.I clean the inside of the grooming area myself.

Comment

I go to a local do it yourself car wash that luckily has an RV stall....Van fits with no problem....

Comment

I live in a town along the interstate and we have a truck stop and right next door is a semi-truck wash. I checked with them the other day and they are going to wash my van for $20.00, which I think is a pretty good deal for a good scrubbing every once in a while. I told them I was really interested in getting the underneath washed to get the salt off and I they said they can do that too. Do you have any truck stops nearby?

Comment

Here in AZ, the snow bird RV capitol of usa, we have tall do it self car was. Nearby also car wash tall enough about30$. I like teens standing on the corner on Sat. usually I don't have time to stop cuz on my way to a dog.A few tyeens can do a fast quick good job..money goes to a good cause. Se3 if you have any ,call HS in ths Spring.

Comment

We have tall do-it-yourself car washes with concrete platforms on both sides of the stall so you can get the top of the van as well.

I always have the dealer wash my van every time I get an oil change or any other services. I have also had the RV dealer in town wash my van.

Comment

Hi Happy Hounds..see your van now and then. Where do you park van? With HOAs' everywhere. Luckily, I have mine in driveway..RV gate never use,except halloween.I only have one family in GC. I have sent you people.I also don't do big dogs..your tub accomodates them, too heavy for an old gal like me. You were at meeting at Barros but I never got to meet you. Friend of Rebecca. B---- Mobile grooming first in DEX. call me anytime......... I have an Odyssey Ford E350 1998.White w/ Schnauzer standing by groom table grooming another Schnauzer that looks like my poor sick Traveler when he was younger. Have you seen me? Beep next time.Mini Schn border running ,leaping around van. MYSHOP Fire in the sky back window sticker.

Comment

I guess I am lucky, My hubbys best freind owns a couple of car wash's. One do it your self and they have a bay tall enough for my bus... You can always come down to Ocean county in waretown.. LOL.. I will ask if he has another in your neck of the woods.. I know he has one in Burlington, Atlantic, and a couple in Ocean....

Comment

car wash no

winter will be over soon enough they are already talking about valetines day on the radio and I have my regulars who are making sure they get done before easter but close to it. 7 more weeks it should be back in the 50's and 60's.I can manage a couple more washings of the van in the cold. I use one of those telescopic wash wands. It was the getting wet because I was in to big of a hury to put the spraryer end on the end of the hose that I ended up wet.
                      Looks pretty crapy out today feels damp and cold clouds are racing by and low.Looks like snow again.

Comment

Hi Mustluvdogs-

I'm not sure I've seen your van, doesn't sound familiar...I seem to see the same ones around town every now and then. I appreciate the referrals, and I do big dogs....
                        I don't live in an HOA, so I park my van at home. I have a dirt area next to my driveway where it fits nicely. Hope to meet you some day...

Comment

I know my trailer and Jeep REALLY need washed. But everytime I go to do it they are calling for more snow. Jeep is supposed to be blue, but right now it is white. We have good do it yourself wash that my trailer fits in.
                          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I wondered too...

My van is salty and I need to wash it. I luckily have a carwash right down the street that has a big enough bay for the van. My concern is underneath the van. How do I get that washed? I need to be careful around the generator, right? I also have a carwash place that will wash the van for me outside, as it won't fit in their automatic carwashes. You would think these big carwash places would better accomodate large vehicles.

Someone commented on the cleanliness of the inside of the van. No matter how much I clean their is still hair everywhere. And forget about the floors with the wet snow and salt. Muddy, dirty floors. I hate when someone wants to look at the van if I had a groom before them. I try to wipe the floors with a dirty towel, it's a grooming van,people can't expect spic and span. Everything is disinfected after use though.

Comment

I have a 16 year old girl comes every sunday cleans inside and out for $30, she does a great job especially on the inside, she also fills my shampoo and empties both vacs, after a long week it sometimes makes me wish I had my own children.

Comment

Working...
                              X