plugging in during the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugging in during the rain

Do you plug in (work) when it's raining? I know you have an outdoor ext cord but what about right at the sight where you plug into the van, doesn't that get wet? How does everyone deal with it? I'm scared!

Although I use a generator, my trailer is built to also plug in. The plug-ins sites on the trailer have caps that snap over the top when not in use. When I use the gen, the cords are plugged into those slots and the overhang helps keep moisture out...never had a prob.

Comment

I have never had a prob. either. The site where I plug in to my trailer has a flap type lid that keeps the rain from getting in.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I hate plugging in. I am so glad I have an inverter. It really used to scare me when I had to plug in in the rain. Especially if it was thundering and lightning. However I did plug in for 3 or 4 years, and I never had any problems.

Comment

Edited.
          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I don't drive van in the rain...did get caught hard rain going home yesterday. En I didn't mean caps enough sunny days in AZ TO WAIT A DAY..ROADS TOO SLIPPERY HERE.Outside has flip up cap. In Calif worked in rain...rained som much w/ El Nino...thought i would never see sun again. 7 yrs ago I was used to cal. 18-50 no fear...here different. Put little dogs in kitchen garbage bags to keep dry to house.

Comment

GFI receptacles

There is nothing to worry about it, most houses "up to code" with outdoor receptacles have those GFI outlets to protect you, you may get a little "jolt" but is harmless, it'll probably wake you up

Comment

Hi in my old van I used to have to plug in rain or shine.It is a bit scary but I've never been shocked thank God.Just try not to put cords in soaking wet areas.

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                  I don't drive van in the rain...did get caught hard rain going home yesterday. En I didn't mean caps enough sunny days in AZ TO WAIT A DAY..ROADS TOO SLIPPERY HERE.Outside has flip up cap. In Calif worked in rain...rained som much w/ El Nino...thought i would never see sun again. 7 yrs ago I was used to cal. 18-50 no fear...here different. Put little dogs in kitchen garbage bags to keep dry to house.
                  You are too funny. Putting your dogs in garbage bags lol
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
                  X