HV dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HV dryers

I am in the process of having a trailer built and I was wondering what dryers you all use and why? Also, what do you do with a dog that doesn't like to be dryed? I work in a shop now so I just stick 'em in a cage dryer if they don't like the HV... Thanks

I have the Double K Airmax and I love it. Can't use both motors though if you plug into a clients house. If I have one that does not like to be dired, I stick them on the groomers helper and put cotton in their ears and wrap a towel around their head to deaden the noise. Other than that, they just have to get dry.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I now have a Romani Eco dryer. I paid extra for the dial up function. I love it. It has two motors, only draws 15 amps and is almost as powerful as the K9 II. The dial up function is great for dogs that are scared of the HV, and is also wonderful for cats.

Comment

Romani Eco

yea I checked out lisa's Romani Eco.Much as it kills me it is a really good dryer.It can go down to the slowest speeds I have ever seen with out making the motor buck or surge.She even got one in a cool color.
        Dont know how hard it is to change the brushes on it but as far as functioning as a dryer it is all that.
        It draws power in a very linear maner as you dial up the speed. Maybe after one of the two I have now dies I will splurge for the same one if they keep that color in stock.

Comment

I have both a Hanvey Hi-V Gold (10.5 amps) and Romani Junior (10 amps). LOVE them both. I can use them with either shoreline or generator power. I have to be able to run my AC donchano LOL!! I've only had one pet protest being dried so can't really address that issue.

Comment

Ditto, I have the same one as Lisa,,, Love the dryer. I didn't get the dial up which I will get soon...

Comment

We use the K9 III HV dryer. It's loud but very effective, out of all the dogs we do I'd say there are only a very few we can't use the dryer on at all. We also take our time getting the dogs used it. Maybe only blow a new dog that doesn't like it for a minute or two and then the next time only 5 minutes and work up until the dog can be completely blown out. We don't push the elderly dogs at all, if they don't like it then we hand dry completely.

Comment

Dryer

I use a Kool Dry HV, with the adjustable speed. 8.5 amps It produces no heat other then ambient air. But I do have a heater vent that produces heat that the KD can pick up.

I also have a Speedy Stand dryer, 14 amps on high heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                  yea I checked out lisa's Romani Eco.Much as it kills me it is a really good dryer.It can go down to the slowest speeds I have ever seen with out making the motor buck or surge.She even got one in a cool color.
                  Don't be so jealous!

Comment

I can if I want to be lol

http://www.petgroomerads.com/emoticons/tongue_b.gif
                    Tongue

Comment

Doug

Lisa was jealous of mine when see seen it.,so she want out and bought one, But had to be better and get the dailup... So don't worry about it.. Lisa see ya soon!

Comment

Few dryers out there have variable speed air flow...Romanis do. Have Granddaddy..put in gagage for little cool dry saw at APPGA in Aug...got cuz it has variable speed. small box..good force...fits on shelf overhead .I think variable speed air flow is a MUST HAVE cuz some are knock-em-off-the-table, dryers. or for sure poop-nad or pee-makers on high.

Comment

I have a K9 II and a Kool Dry HV (variable) Both work great, I like having a choice of dryers, plus sometimes I have a bather/brusher with me and having 2 dryers is a must...I do a lot of multiple dog households...

Comment

I originally had the Kool Dry in my current van. After using a K9II exclusively in my last van, I found that the Kool Dry did not have enough power for me. In Chicago, I spoke with the Romani's and decided on one of their dryers with the dial up function, but what I received as compared to what I thought I ordered was not the same. I exchanged the one I had (the Tornado) for the one that Marilyn got (the ECO II). I love that dryer and am able to use it exclusively in my van.
                            Last edited by barknpurr; 02-02-07, 03:57 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

If your using a inverter I would go with the Lisa and I have.. Been thu many dryers and finally found one my inverter and I like! Lisa I still need to get that dial up... Remind me in Atlanta..

Comment

Working...
                              X