Blower out of stock taking weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower out of stock taking weeks

My passenger cab blower just stopped working. Dodge van. Been a month and still not arrived. Hoping this gets resolved soon. This supply chain stuff has hit me finally. Could be worse if it winter wetness time.

Dodge? Or do I gang up on supply chain? Oh the conundrum.

Comment

It is going to be much worse.

Comment

Yes it’s a crisis. I know someone whose car is in the shop for months and can’t get the parts. They just bought another car and traded the other into the dealership. They can sell it after they get it fixed. Their insurance stopped covering the rental after 2 months.

Comment

I keep hearing this, but in my world, there is abundance of everything I could possibly need or want. Not saying this to gloat - just interesting how people in the same country have such different experiences.

Comment

Have you tried sourcing one yourself? The person you spoke with may be distributor for a specific brand, limited to that brand. Or perhaps another mechanic could find one that is refurbished or from another manufacturer. Vendor/distributor/retailer relationships can be important in availability. Also, did you already offer to pay expediting fees? That can help sometimes to put you at the front of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
              Have you tried sourcing one yourself? The person you spoke with may be distributor for a specific brand, limited to that brand. Or perhaps another mechanic could find one that is refurbished or from another manufacturer. Vendor/distributor/retailer relationships can be important in availability. Also, did you already offer to pay expediting fees? That can help sometimes to put you at the front of the line.
              The supply chain crisis is very serious. My customers even share how they have things broken with no repair parts. I was at our auto mall where all the brands are there, Ford, GM, Honda you name it, all of them. Between ALL of them there were NO NEW CARS in any showroom. You have to order online or online with the dealer and wait. I have never seen so many empty ghost town dealer showrooms.

Comment

I had to buy a new vacuum. I waited for 5 months so far for my Dyson part.

Comment

Working...
                X