Cockerlvr move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockerlvr move?

Did I read you moved? How is it going. Going to start from scratch with new clientele?

Did you move Cockerlvr? I thought you might be.

Comment

I think she did.

Comment

I did. Finally. What a nightmare.

Had hoped to be to work already for Thanksgiving rush, but we walked into a hot mess and have spent the last week demolitioning our kitchen, master bathroom and bedroom. Trip after trip to pick up cabinets paint, new fridge, new stove, etc etc etc etc. The house was a disaster. The old owner left a lot of stuff here and we had to rent a dumpster to get rid of it all plus our demo stuff. Hope to be up and running by beginning of December. I did groom one dog that happened to catch me on the phone when I answered it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ummm…congratulations? It sounds exhausting, but fun.
          We did a great deal of work on our house when we bought it. Months of work while also fulltime. I knew dh could make a motor sing, but did not know he could put up walls. We kept the old horsehair plaster everywhere we could-cheaper than buying sheetrock, but very time consuming to patch. That was over 30 years ago, before all the diy and house flipper shows made everyone think they could tackle home renos. We were young, and it was a great bonding experience.

Comment

OMG! Did you buy that house sight-unseen? If I had walked into that I would have burst into tears. You are a better woman then me!!!!

Comment

Congrats!! Great pix.

Comment

Welcome home.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                  OMG! Did you buy that house sight-unseen? If I had walked into that I would have burst into tears. You are a better woman then me!!!!
                  Yes, sort of. I never saw it. I would have picked up on a lot of the stuff my husband and daughter didn't. The overwhelming smell of dog pee. The grime. Actually surprised by my daughter not noticing that. But let's just say the owner put lipstick on a pig. Everything on the surface looked Ok but dated. But when we got here and I opened cabinets to ancient cobwebs, and debris, that hadn't been ever cleaned, it just wasn't something I could overcome mentally. Today we took down the vent fan, and it had rat poop in it. So much grease it gagged me. BUT, the bones are good. I can see it, it's going to be beautiful when we're done. It's just unfortunate that a lot of it needs to be done immediately to be able to live. We are all sharing one bathroom right now. And it need a rehab. New vanity is on it's way. Toilet will have to wait. It has toilets mounted on the wall. Hubby is broken. He worked his butt off without a break and now can't do anything. Wielding sledgehammers and 50 pound breaker bars takes it's toll on an old man.

Comment

Wow demolition! I would love to have a new kitchen appliances. Keep it going welcome back.

Comment

My sympathies, cockerlvr. A broken handyman is a terribly sad sight. Mine breaks too.

Comment

Wow what a ton of work. Just get it done, what can you do. That's what I would do too. You gotta you gotta so do it and get it over with. I have been there. Hope you get booked out within a few months.

Comment

Oh my. Hope some more help finds its way to you.

Comment

Cute pix, how is the remodel going?

Comment

Originally posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
                              Cute pix, how is the remodel going?

I finished painting our bedroom. Ceiling sprayed with the Wagner because it's an old asbestos popcorn ceiling, subfloor painted with Kilz, walls done. Hubby is finishing the last electrical outlet as I type ( the outlets are so old, they won't hold plugs in them anymore). Blinds waiting to go up, and flooring tomorrow. Then we can actually move into our bedroom. Only took two weeks lol. But in the meantime, we've replaced all the can lights in the kitchen with LED's, painted the kitchen including ceiling. Switched out most outlets in there,and hubby has to go up into the attic to chase down some random wiring. Also figure out if the wiring for the old kitchen vent fan is dedicated so we can install the over range microwave. We've taken down and cleaned all the light fixtures that aren't being replaced too. Along with many odds and ends like spraying for giant spiders lol

Comment

Working...
                              X