Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current mobile grooming rates in Los Angeles/Ventura county ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current mobile grooming rates in Los Angeles/Ventura county ??

Trying to set my new prices as they are currently quite a bit lower than other mobiles in my area and I’m finding myself in the negatives now because of that.( i started off doing in home grooming so I had set the prices lower since I was just starting off, and not really knowing how much to set them at) Hoping other mobiles in Los Angeles and/or Ventura county could help me out with suggested prices.
    examples:
    cocker spaniels - how much if done monthly haircut , and what if they are every 2 wks alternating full groom, then just bath.

shepherds - monthly or every few months

Etc.
    I awould appreciate any and all tips/help on this setting the prices.

I have had friends groom there. I am guessing prices start at $75 minimum and closer to $90 to $100 for most, and of course large dogs more.

Comment

https://issuu.com/petgroomer/docs/pg...arch-2021-fina

Load this magazine, state of the industry report for USA grooming. National grooming prices for shops vs mobile and you can see ranges for CA, or any other state.
      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

I don’t know exact prices but I know a LA mobile groomer and her minimum for anything starts at 95. Yes a chi chi bath is 95. She’s solid booked.

The cocker pricing for me was exactly the same cut or tidy. It takes just as long to groom. My cockers in Vegas are 120

Comment

Tom is right, $90 to $120 for most grooms, large dogs full gooms more or super coated.

Comment

90 to 130

Comment

I called my friend in West LA. $98 to $144.

Comment

But you still need to Do The Math. Your expenses might vary widely from “what others are charging”. So make sure to figure out YOUR cost per hour, which also includes your housing payments, retirement account, medical insurance, child care if you have children, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                  But you still need to Do The Math. Your expenses might vary widely from “what others are charging”. So make sure to figure out YOUR cost per hour, which also includes your housing payments, retirement account, medical insurance, child care if you have children, etc etc.
                  That’s not a way to run and price a business. If I live rent free with my parents and they bought me a groom van paid off, does that mean I should charge less cause I really don’t need the income? On the other side, if I got in over my head and can’t afford my monthly bills, can I charge what I need to to pay bills even if I’m double what others are charging?

In any business you price according to what the industry averages are plus or minus some. I’m sure the most expensive place to live like LA calls for the top of mobile grooming prices. Highest gas prices also. If I charge 65 to 75 minimum here in affordable FL, I certainly will charge 20 or more in so cal.

It’s one of the biggest reasons I got out of Vegas. Mobile prices could not keep up with expenses anymore there. We barely broke even with 75 small grooms. I could not go to 85 to 95 when others are 75 or so.

Comment

I am going to be in this position. I was glad to find a few, just a few, actually had price ranges on their websites. Check that out in your area.

Comment

Interesting those prices are very similar to Hawaii greater honolulu area.

Comment

Tom...You and I will probably never agree on this subject.
                        Considering that I’ve been in business for 40 years, my houses are paid off, no outstanding debt, money for retirement, I think the system I learned from Dorothy Walin has served me well.
                        I think it IS the way to “run and price a business”.

I was fortunate to have been in one of her seminars early in my career. The subject was how to price your work, how to do the math, so that you can pay your bills and make a profit, and a living.

The main focal point was that EVERYONE has different expenses and needs and just calling around to get the average price, and setting prices according to what others charge, will not necessarily be profitable for you.

It’s fine to be the most expensive, it’s also fine to be the least expensive. Who cares if your living with Mom and have a paid off van. If you want to charge $25 a dog it’s no big deal to me.

If you are over-your-head-in-debt and charge triple what I do, that is also not my concern.

What IS my concern is meeting MY expenses! And in order to do that, I have to do the math. And I have to include a salary for myself. Once I knew my figures, I could say with confidence, that “If it costs me $20 to groom your dog, I can’t charge you $10 and stay in business”. I never had a client argue with that logic. End of discussion. They never tried to dicker prices with me again.
                        And it all had to do with KNOWING, not guessing, what I needed to charge.

Comment

Working...
                        X