I'm ready to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to go

I have 6 dogs scheduled for my first week starting Tuesday. Bit nervous. Not about grooming been doing that so long. Just so unfamiliar with going to homes, Wish me luck.

Congratulations! Betting you are gearing up for being happier than you have ever been!

Comment

Best of luck!!! How exciting!

Comment

You don't need us to wish you luck....YOU GOT THIS!
        Congratulations!!
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

You are going to kill it! And I'll bet anything you are gonna looove going to homes.

Comment

Good luck. Starting with unfamiliar dogs, people and locations is a bit scary. Once hopefully they become regulars, you will relax more, know where you're going and have groom notes.

What I did at first was Google map all my stops to get a satellite view just to get an idea of distance and general area. Now my days consist of regulars and most times i don't need my nav running.

Comment

Good luck, you can do it. Don't pressure yourself, take some deep breaths and enjoy.

Comment

You will be fine and like said here, take your time. Having what will someday be a slow week of a just a few years for now will be a chance to get the hang of everything. I bet you will see some luxurious Honolulu homes. Wow!

Comment

Today went pretty well considering that the dog I groomed was one I had groomed at my salon job. I fumbled too much with my GPS. I never used one. I spent a half hour entering the data figuring how it worked. Show me once and I learn fast, starting from scratch, mind is going 100 miles an hour on other things. I had done some practice baths and trims with my dad's dogs so that part was fine. I did get asked for 2 business cards from the neighbors. Tomorrow I am interviewing one and probably start grooming next week. Also I have a big dog groom, 120 pounds mix so going to see how that works out. Getting the hang of it. Neighbors are curious.

Comment

Great to hear. The whole operation of mine got smoother after a few weeks of experience.

Comment

Actually had 2 groom appts requested today. One was a referral and one saw the van and phone. They were both a commute about 10 miles out. It is a more residential and shopping area that is popular and well populated. So now I can build up to a busy day in that region eventually. Both toured the van. Both homes were seniors that prefer to stay home and not drive often. Times are very hard financially here because Hawaii tourism is so way down. These were definitely middle class but love this service today. I told them I could take their dogs a little on the short side not shaved to spread out a little longer. So I got them scheduled on a 6 week basis. One is Pom mix and another is Peke mix.

This brought up a question. Assuming I am not draining the gray tank during the day while driving or after work when I am only doing 1 or 2 dogs a day. Regardless, should the gray tank be drained every day without fail?

Comment

OK how did the next days go?

Comment

Great! I gain confidence quickly. I am so glad I read so many of the topics on mobile here way back. That really helped. I have gotten about 10 calls this week, did 8 grooms and 4 interviews of new customers. Not bad I guess for my first week. No large dogs, mostly shih poos malti poos. Interesting clientele on the upscale role but serving middle class families.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X