• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lions and Tigers
    Miniature Member
    • Feb 2016

Serving assisted living facility

What a hoot some of the tenants are. I can mask up and go to their door, but usually I stay outside and someone brings the owner and dog down to me. They don't let them congregate more than a few and all were at the window downstairs staring at my van. Apparently they called some other tenants who went out on their decks and they were staring at the vehicle. When I was I was walking up to the building and I heard clapping. It was for me! Woo she is beautiful. Can you groom my dog? I got to the door and about 5 of them were in the lobby waiting to see the finished groom. Swoons and wow's. I left some more business cards and asked if I could talk to the manager next week about setting up a day if there is enough interest. What a hoot and sweet lonely people maybe, but this made their day.
  • 1mobilegroomer
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • Apr 2012

LOL that is wild. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE. Wonderful story.

Comment

• coldnose
      Champion Member & Club 1,000
      • Jan 2014

Aww warms my heart, awesome.

Comment

• poodlefeet
        • Sep 2015

Oh how fun was that?!!!!!! Surely a high point you will always remember!
        Although I kept expecting to read that it was a shorthaired bath dog! Lol

Comment

• dogma
          • Jan 2007

Comment

• On the Go
            Miniature Member
            • Apr 2018

I love the applause! Sounds like they really need some socialization.

Comment

• Kurt99
              • Jun 2013

If I ever sold and moved, this is how I’d jumpstart my biz. I’d flood the nursing homes. The charitable part of me would love to do discounted rates for these seniors and their dogs, but I’m just not in need of their patronage now. I’m too tired as it is now. But there sits the pot of gold for newbie biz owners.

Comment

• Tin Man
                Miniature Member
                • Jul 2017

I love it. I used to serve a facility too and everyone loved getting some company in the building. They have to be very lonely right now. Great price to serve if you can get more business there. Not only will you make the pets happy but the residents.

Comment

• TootsiePie
                  • Feb 2010

Awesome! What a great lift to your day.

Comment

• petstimes2
                    • Sep 2009

I am very sensitive to this issue. What a great experience. Dogs are very popular at those places. Must consider this to initiate my business.

Comment

• blingwithfur
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                      If I ever sold and moved, this is how I’d jumpstart my biz. I’d flood the nursing homes. The charitable part of me would love to do discounted rates for these seniors and their dogs, but I’m just not in need of their patronage now. I’m too tired as it is now. But there sits the pot of gold for newbie biz owners.
                      It really is a great idea and niche market. Many of the assisted ones would love this idea and their families too. So many have pets.

Comment

Working...
                      X