Diesel or gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel or gas?

Which is your favorite for a van, and let's say if money is not a big issue.

Diesel
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Gasoline by far.............many stations do not carry Diesel, and if they do, it's usually on only one pump that shares Diesel with Gas......so you will have to wait for that lane to be empty of cars.

Happy pumping at any pump

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        Gasoline by far.............many stations do not carry Diesel, and if they do, it's usually on only one pump that shares Diesel with Gas......so you will have to wait for that lane to be empty of cars.

Happy pumping at any pump

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
        Dolly, you make me want to pull my hair out!!!!! Most all service stations have diesel (more than one pump of diesel too). You dont use it so you dont pay attention to who has diesel. You & I have had this argument for many years now......I have hauled livestock all over the US and have NEVER had trouble finding diesel or had to wait for a pump to open up.
        OP, diesel engines get better fuel mileage ( diesel is few cents more than gas cost) diesel engine will last many many more years than a gas engine.....hell a diesel engine is just getting broke in at 200,000 miles, a gas engine is worse the hell out at 200,000 miles
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I would go diesel. 95% of stations here have it. The long life of the engine is important to me and some buyers always want diesel.

Comment

Yes agree. I don't know what stations Dolly uses but every station here has diesel ON EACH PUMP.

Diesel by far will outlive a gasoline engine, thus the 5000 or more dollars to get a diesel engine vs gas on the same vehicle.

For a groom van, gas is fine. You are not hauling too much weight. If i were getting a new van i would get a gas engine just to save the initial cost. But if budget were no problem I would get a diesel MB sprinter with dually wheels in back.

Comment

Diesel will save you on fuel especially if you're idling.

Comment

Will go diesel next vehicle. Very easy to get here now.

Comment

If I bought new today I would go diesel but I am doing well with a 13 year old Elite still. Well taken care of uses gas.

Comment

Working...
                  X