Mobile van with a central vac type system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile van with a central vac type system

I worked at shops with central vac. The one that was a pain you still had this portable hose and outlets all around so you had to cart around a hose. The other had suction vents every 10 feet on the floor you swept too. That is what you want. It all went to a tank at the back of the building.

Curious has anyone designed a central vac where the tank is in the back of the van and you sweep hair to an suck vent inside the grooming area???

Since the van is such a small area, it is not difficult to turn on your Shop Vac and suck up the loose hair. The Shop Vac hose is literally inches away from you. Besides, I don't believe any mobile groom is carrying around a broom to "sweep up".........we just suck up with the Shop Vac. Many of us have a Clipper Vac the sucks up the hair as it is cut.

Happy not needing a suck up vent

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Yea, agree with Dolly. Carrying the broom would be more of a hassle then just having the shop vac hose to vacuum up.

Comment

I think the WNT has a shop vac in the back and hose that you roll up and a clipper vac

The Hanvey does not have a shop vac system but does have a hair vac, but the Hanvey system has to be unscrewed unlike the other one. It's just not that practical to use as a vacuum.

I go back and forth with carrying a shop vac and I do carry a broom because I do not like the space the shop vac takes up and I 100% practice low stress grooming and do not like to scare the dogs with the noise.

At this time I was not using shop vac in the van.

So after reading Bling's post I started thinking and I put my shop vac in my passenger side floor (which I have done before but didn't think to use it in the way Bling said) and wrapped the hose ( I have a Rigid with the upgraded hose) around the head rest giving it enough room to hang on to the floor in the cab. I threw some hair on the floor and it worked great sweeping into the shop vac.

I have 2 rigids. The first one is decent size for mobile but very hard for me to open and I have to use a screwdriver. Then I bought another one that is smaller but it is very easy for me to lift and open and empty but I still had to deal with the space and the hose. This is the one I am using because it is so much easier on my hands and wrists.

My hair vac clippers are in the shop getting serviced and I am so happy to go work today and sweep all the extra hair into the vac. Thank you Bling!

Comment

Yes, in a vehicle all you need is a shop vac. I would consider it a central vac system. You have a switch on the wall and the vac is in the back out of sight.

Doing a quick vacuum of the van floor takes seconds. Its only a small area. Plus with a hose you can do shelves and other places that a floor suction hole would be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypeanut View Post
            I think the WNT has a shop vac in the back and hose that you roll up and a clipper vac

The Hanvey does not have a shop vac system but does have a hair vac, but the Hanvey system has to be unscrewed unlike the other one. It's just not that practical to use as a vacuum.

I go back and forth with carrying a shop vac and I do carry a broom because I do not like the space the shop vac takes up and I 100% practice low stress grooming and do not like to scare the dogs with the noise.

At this time I was not using shop vac in the van.

So after reading Bling's post I started thinking and I put my shop vac in my passenger side floor (which I have done before but didn't think to use it in the way Bling said) and wrapped the hose ( I have a Rigid with the upgraded hose) around the head rest giving it enough room to hang on to the floor in the cab. I threw some hair on the floor and it worked great sweeping into the shop vac.

I have 2 rigids. The first one is decent size for mobile but very hard for me to open and I have to use a screwdriver. Then I bought another one that is smaller but it is very easy for me to lift and open and empty but I still had to deal with the space and the hose. This is the one I am using because it is so much easier on my hands and wrists.

My hair vac clippers are in the shop getting serviced and I am so happy to go work today and sweep all the extra hair into the vac. Thank you Bling!
            My vacuum is in the back. All I have is the hose and want up front. No noise to scare the dogs.

Comment

Your husband did a good job Cocker.

The Harvey does not have a vac system for you to flip a switch and does not have room behind and it does not even have a backwall either. You have a blank space for the most part to figure out how you want to set it up.

so I carry a broom and will sweep hair into the container and then transfer to larger trash. Now I use both options the sweep into the shop vac and into the the container on the step. I also use broom as a mop.

Sweeping is easy this way and I dont have to empty a vac as often

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post

My vacuum is in the back. All I have is the hose and want up front. No noise to scare the dogs.
                Nice, I think the shop vacs take up floor space so that would be nice to have in the very back.

Comment

I hate the vac noise too, scares some dogs. Having in the back next time for me.

Comment

Well dogs are scared of the suction noise regardless if the canister is in the rear.

When I'm not using my clip vac, I keep my trash can right by the table so I can push the table hair right into the can. That keeps the floor cleaner too.

You can also turn your dryer on low with no nozzle and blow the hair into 1 corner for easier cleanup.

Comment

I put acoustiblok on the "wall divider" in back of my truck and drastically cut noise. My vacs are there, huge difference in machine noise.

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
                        I put acoustiblok on the "wall divider" in back of my truck and drastically cut noise. My vacs are there, huge difference in machine noise.
                        Cool idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X