Does anyone use the ethanol free gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use the ethanol free gas

My mechanic suggests using it. He said switching to it shouln't be noticeable issues. I've read about it. OK for a Wagn Tails van?

No........there is a sticker on my 2011 van's that warns against using E-85 with generators, and since the gen is fed with the gas in the truck's tank, you should stick to regular gas. Call Jamie at WGT to verify, (800-513-0304). Your mechanic is probably right about your truck's engine, but he probably doesn't know that your gen is drinking the same gas.

Happy verifying it with Jamie

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Nope. Just stick to regular 87 octane

Comment

Thanks on the gen risk.

Comment

I do in my cars and garden tractor and garden tools. Many recommend it as you can leave it in more safely over winter and regular gas. BUT LISTEN TO DOLLY AT ABOUT GENS. I used generators on my property but we use propane.

Comment

E85 and ethanol free aren't the same thing. So that advice is correct for E85 but not ethanol free. They are almost exact opposites in composition.

https://www.caranddriver.com/researc...at-is-e85-gas/

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/forest/...nol-free-fuel/

Our repair people strongly suggest ethanol free in all our mowers, trimmers, tillers and generators.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Tom, I get it. But the OP asked about ETALHANOL FREE which is not E-85. It's gas. Your genie says 10% is ok, but some do cars. Most old school mechanics will tell you to avoid it if possible because it absorbs water and builds up sludge.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Our generators and cars use ethanol free or regular gas. There is nothing great about ethanol, but sure some things should not use it. We bought a new Nissan and Nissan recommended a special treatment if you won't use ethanol free. It is not a plus, but don't use it if it says not to.

Comment

Put it this way, use regular unleaded gas. I know states switch to different blends for winter and that's fine.

You don't need to search for specific gas, just use regular 87 octane even though it has some ethanol blend in it depending on your location. Out west they switch over for winter to cut back on smog.

Comment

My auto mechanic recommends it, that is my private car. Absolutely for the lawn tractor but was not specificially recommended for van genie.

Comment

I noticed one thing our garden tools run much much better on the "free" - no mix.

Comment

It is kind of hard to find here, but my auto mechanic suggests it. Not considering genie.

Comment

In winter the price goes down a lot for ethanol free. I think so many know to use it for outdoor equipment and tools many of which can be stored soon, here it goes down 50 cents a gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by 121groomer View Post
                              My auto mechanic recommends it, that is my private car. Absolutely for the lawn tractor but was not specificially recommended for van genie.
                              So I search and it is a 30 mile drive to even get some.

Comment

Working...
                              X