Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Californias stay at home order - whose still working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newbie88 View Post
    https://covid19.ca.gov/img/Essential...ureWorkers.pdf

PAGE 11 thank you freddy. GROOMING IS ESSENTIAL. I don't care what California PPGA says, this makes grooming essential and it is by the people who make the law, not the association.

Thenk you for this info!

Comment

Mayor says non essential

Comment

We are still full speed ahead. Told my groomers if they dont feel safe, I understand. They all want to work. We only service our regular clients so they feel more comfortable with that.

They wear gloves to do the transactions and sanitizer. Honestly working in a van with a pet and no human contact is probably the best scenario compared to grocers or health care providers.

Comment

We closed up last Friday. Taking the two weeks off and then will re-evaluate.
          You know when Boeing closes down that this is really serious.

Oregon Governor just announced that there will be fines and jail time if people don’t behave. Washington Governor hasn’t gone that far yet, but strongly hinted that he can and will.

IMHO, grooming is non-essential. “It’s just dog hair”. There really are more important things then whether Rover gets a hair cut. This is my opinion from grooming for over 45 years.

The most important thing now is that you all stay safe, healthy and strong.

Comment

So glad to be working safely.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
              Mayor says non essential
              Mayor not likely to override the Governor.

Comment

I printed out the corona 19 virus Ohio essential document and will keep it in my van, just in case someone questions me or police stop me and try to put me in the Slammer. I groomed yesterday and boy, the usually busy roads were empty......It felt really weird. I did see several Internet vans and construction guys working and tons of semi vans and FedEx and UPS working, so that eased some of my feelings of weirdness. Also, it was weird to see all of the store's parking lots virtually empty.

Happy staying out of the Slammer

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Not in CA but sending best wishes to you to get through smooth as possible.

Comment

I wrote to my Governor. Not sure if it will be read or trash canned. At least I tried.

Comment

Tell them at least some our the Alaska govt is considering this guideline that if a business can demonstrate super social distancing why close it?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Rose View Post
                        Tell them at least some our the Alaska govt is considering this guideline that if a business can demonstrate super social distancing why close it?
                        Same here. We have wide latitude as long as we can show social distancing and a sanitation or health service. It helps that pets are specifically listed as family members in the shelter in place order. Anything that can be interpreted as sanitation or health if the family member or household is allowed to operate. And they then went on to say retail or services that can comply with or excede the CDC mandates can remain open. I don't miss clients coming into the shop. Lol i hate walking uo and down the steps but I don't miss the clients in the shop.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I wrote to my governor we are practice distance social interaction and extra sanitation practices with our customers to get approval to stay open. Wish me luck,

Comment

I finally shut down until further notice after work on Wednesday. I cried sending out the text to my clients, but they were all so very sweet and understanding - and honestly I think they probably dont want to interact with someone who is going house to house all day anyway, which I completely understand. Im hoping to be back on the road in no more than 2 weeks, and for now I am just trying to enjoy the time off because its going to be going in to overtime once Im back in business! Hope everyone is staying sane, healthy and hopeful.

Comment

A friend of my groomers had a visit from a police officer to day in California telling her to cease and desist. She got a $1000 fine so if any of you were still operating in CA it would be a good idea to stop.
                              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

No restrictions here.

Comment

Working...
                                X