Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to hear this!

Comment

Thanks for updating us! We may not all agree on every thing, but I’m sure we are all united in loving to hear success stories from one of our own!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyonai View Post
        Hey everyone, just wanted to post an update on my story. I'm about to finish up my last "real" month, meaning I've actually worked every day for the first time instead of just a few days in March.

June has been crazy! Every day was fully booked. A great mix of bath dogs/haircut dogs. I'm seeing loads of shorthaired dogs, which I wasn't expecting- pits, boxers, beagles, pointers, jack russells, all the easy peasy ones! My favorite types of dogs are big hairy desheds (GSDs, huskies, rough coat collies) and golden retrievers, and I'm so happy to say that I've had lots of them! I'm really enjoying getting to know the dogs, and I've only had to muzzle one so far. I haven't had any issues yet.

I only have 2 slots left open at the end of July, and I'm about 15% booked for August, mostly rebooks.

People are tipping big. I know my work is good, and I've been getting so many compliments. The dogs love it, I love it, the owners love it. I don't hurt at the end of the day (been doing between 3-5 dogs per day). I smashed my financial goals (I was expecting a slower build!). Life is good, people.

Pretty soon I will have my garage rebuilt so I can house my van at home, and that will add an extra hour or more to my day. Right now I have to keep my van at my grandparents' house a half hour from me. So I can either take an extra easy dog each day or spend another hour at home once it's built.

Our area needs mobile groomers like crazy, I get calls all around my service area (which is already too big lol). One of my good friends wants to start one, she just needs to get funding to start.

Thanks for the inspiration everyone!
        Where do you think most of your new customers are coming from, like your advertising? Van signage? Great to hear.

Comment

I am a little scared about driving a van but I think mobile is it for the future. My grandma says I am a worry wart. Thanks for inspiring me.

Comment

Originally posted by Angie2 View Post

Where do you think most of your new customers are coming from, like your advertising? Van signage? Great to hear.
            Word of mouth, Google, Facebook, and seeing me driving, in that order. I'm posting pics on Facebook daily, and my follower count is up to 224, people love them dog pics! I'm getting everyone telling their friends, lots of referrals.

Comment

Originally posted by poodoodle View Post
              I am a little scared about driving a van but I think mobile is it for the future. My grandma says I am a worry wart. Thanks for inspiring me.
              Driving the van is waaayyyy easier than I thought. I was scared of that part too, I actually had nightmares about driving a mobile grooming van for years before I got one! I was always crashing it, haha.

I got the Dyna Groom, and yes it is tall and long, but it is skinny so I fit in the lane just fine. The great side mirrors combined with the backup camera leave me nothing to worry about.

The part that I have the biggest trouble with so far is the bookkeeping, I just have a hard time grasping it. My bookkeeper is patient with me though lol.

Comment

I saw a new van on sale in the ads here. Why selling after a couple months. She was scared to drive it, traumatic. What a good buy.

Comment

I just wanted to share with you all that I have already groomed 5 dogs since I got my van, and I have four more appointments this week! I had two people book today. I am feeling good.

I have a question for all you mobilers- how far do you usually travel from your home base, in either miles or time?

Comment

What a great journey for you!

Comment

Go girl

Comment

Driving the van is waaayyyy easier than I thought. I was scared of that part too, I actually had nightmares about driving a mobile grooming van for years before I got one! I was always crashing it, haha.

I got the Dyna Groom, and yes it is tall and long, but it is skinny so I fit in the lane just fine. The great side mirrors combined with the backup camera leave me nothing to worry about.

The part that I have the biggest trouble with so far is the bookkeeping, I just have a hard time grasping it. My bookkeeper is patient with me though lol.
                        Sounds like a dream!

Comment

when building a garage.......make sure you install 12 foot wide doors, that way you won't have to "creep" into the garage, making sure you don't take off a side mirror. My door is 12 foot wide and 12 foot high.......make sure you have an electrical outlet with high voltage, on the inside of your garage that matches the plug in side of your van, so you can easily plug in overnight.

Every new client should be asked what type of grooming schedule do they want.....either 4-6-8 weeks. Then when you give them a receipt, the next appointment is written on it, this insures that you don't get once or twice a year dogs. Barkleigh has nice receipts, I have my printer fill in the top of the receipt with my name, address and phone # , usually I order 500 at a time .

It's so nice to hear that your business is doing so well.......

Happy enjoying your business..........Good Job !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                            when building a garage.......make sure you install 12 foot wide doors, that way you won't have to "creep" into the garage, making sure you don't take off a side mirror. My door is 12 foot wide and 12 foot high.......make sure you have an electrical outlet with high voltage, on the inside of your garage that matches the plug in side of your van, so you can easily plug in overnight.

Every new client should be asked what type of grooming schedule do they want.....either 4-6-8 weeks. Then when you give them a receipt, the next appointment is written on it, this insures that you don't get once or twice a year dogs. Barkleigh has nice receipts, I have my printer fill in the top of the receipt with my name, address and phone # , usually I order 500 at a time .

It's so nice to hear that your business is doing so well.......

Happy enjoying your business..........Good Job !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
                            Yes, the only the mishaps I came close to was taking on the side mirrors and a cold morning when I wasn't too awake. They are expensive.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X