Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mobile Trailer Help!!!! Need Advice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mobile Trailer Help!!!! Need Advice!!!

After much debate, i've decided i'm going with a trailer rather than a van. Just because of the extra room, the ease of changing vehicles in case of problems, and so forth. I don't have alot of $$, so i honestly don't know which route I should take. My question is deciding to buy one loaded, or build myself...Hanvey has "starter" trailers as well, that just come with a solid white trailer and the electical and plumbing and flooring done...the rest is up to you to finish with what you want. It is alot cheaper and I could buy the tub/table/dryer/cabinets etc. on my own probably cheaper than buying the trailer groom-ready. Oh and question:: I have decided on inverter rather than generator - can the hanvey trailers be made with an inverter? What about other trailers? I don't see the inverter as an option on most conversion co websites. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

--Michelle

Inverter for trailers

Well, as long as you have the space and your trailer can handle the weight of the batteries...I don't see why not. My home conversion RV has the Inverter system, and is all on it's own, no topping off from the engine alternator during the day. I simply plug in every night.

Remember batteries weigh in at 65 to 75 pounds each, and you probably need a min of 8...that's 520 lbs minimum. I have mine in a special box we constructed for them, they are vented out the bottom of the rig, the box has acid lining fiberglass in case a bat boils over...Now if you are in an area that needs a roof AC, you may need more bats to run that...I could have mine hooked up to run it, but didn't as plugging in was an acceptable option for me. You will need a good battery store (golf cart people) to set up uour system, run cables heck make the darn cables solder the ends, It's was a little more involved than it sounds at first.

But truth be told, I sent about $2700 for my complete set up, where a generator runs more then that, plus requires more maintenance.Yes I may have to replace bats in a few years...but that's less then 1K and if I get 5 years out of them, cost for cost I think it's worth it.

Also, in my situation since the power source needed to inside with me, it kind of let out the option for a stinky smelly generator...

Something to think about...exhaust is nothing to play around with...venting is major important with a generator. I had a friend that had an exhaust problem and it was slowly affecting her, so slow that she didn't realize it. She has a professionally converted van, but for unknown reasons her gene guys "fixed" her gene exhaust (I guess the line was loose or something) anyway they moved it from the off side of the van to right where her intake for fresh air was...stoopid move!Then she had a new dryer , do the existing dryer hole was just open...so everything she turned on her exhaust fans or AC guess where the air came from.yep right in from the hole from the back of the van...and fresh gene exhaust ...I road with her a day and had such a headache , went to regular chiro appt, first thing he said was "too much exhaust?" just by looking at me! WOW! She since has had the rig fixed, and even she is feeling better!

So you really need to do your homework. Inverter poser is great, but you learn to count every little amp you use! And it may mean using a different peice of equipment , one that draws less amps, than what you would in a shop setting with unlimited amps...
    www.pamsbubblemobile.com

Comment

E-mail or call Curtis at Hanvey- he would be able to answer this question. He is a STRONG supporter of inverters and prefers them over generators. I am assuming since his trailers don't hae them there is obviously a good reason. The other thing that I noticed is many Trailers are shoreline hook-up, how many people have this?

Comment

I spoke with Curtis about a trailer and he told me that inverters *could* work but wouldn't be the best idea for my climate. I could use inverters and a small generator to run the AC but I have GOT to have an overhead AC or I'll fry in no time LOL!! I ran my AC up until November this year and usually start using it again during the afternoons in late March or early April.

Comment

I have a Hanvey Trailer, but I couldn't plug it in at night if I had an inverter, plus, there is really no room left to put one anyways. I have a generator mounted on the tongue. I run a fuel line from a tank in my truck bed to work with. If it fails, my trailer is set up to plug into a house, so I just switch...I am happy with what I have.

Comment

newbee

How hot does it get there at it's maximum?

Comment

Michelle- What about saving and planning a bit and doing housecalls out of your car in the meantime?

Comment

Thanks for all the replies you guys, it really helps...and to answer dougs question...hmm, the hottest at it's maximum? we are pushin it when i say 103 in the summer. I live in San Dimas/Glendora/LaVerne/Upland area. The average temp. is between between 50-70, while summer is usually between 80-90...last year we had about 2 days that hit 110--but that was really odd for us...but I figured that I should let ya know about those couple days just in case it makes a really big difference.

thanks for the help --

--michelle

Comment

newbee

Thats not hot.No hotter then the majority of the country.

Comment

I just don't like the idea of going to a persons house and using their water and electricity and then asking them to pay me. I understand that it's still one on one and great for some people, but just not me. that is why even when i get a mobile trailer, i do not want to ever plug in to someone's house. although i have done housecalls for friends and family (which was hard cuz i don't have an HV dryer, had to use a stinky one that had hardly any air force behind it), but i wouldn't want to do it as a professional. i would rather have a trailer. thanks for the suggestion tho

doug - no, that is not hot. i used to live in havasu, az and it was much hotter there. i just thought you were asking cuz of something to do with the trailer :-/ lol.

Comment

I just don't like the idea of going to a persons house and using their water and electricity and then asking them to pay me. I understand that it's still one on one and great for some people, but just not me. that is why even when i get a mobile trailer, i do not want to ever plug in to someone's house. although i have done housecalls for friends and family (which was hard cuz i don't have an HV dryer, had to use a stinky one that had hardly any air force behind it), but i wouldn't want to do it as a professional. i would rather have a trailer. thanks for the suggestion tho

doug - no, that is not hot. i used to live in havasu, az and it was much hotter there. i just thought you were asking cuz of something to do with the trailer :-/ lol.

ambersmobile - hi, i looked at your website...do you have the inverter option available? also, what is your training option that I saw? It looks interesting. I saw that it is a 'ride along' training session where you can learn different breeds and so forth...how exactly does that work and is the training flexible with current work schedules (ie ..can't ride along certain days)...etc.

thanks.

Comment

I ordered my trailer from ATC (aluminumtrailer.com)and had it within weeks for less than $25,000-delivered. I had to get a table and grooming equipment but it came with a generator, 60 gal. fresh and grey tanks, plenty of lighting, lots of storage, choice of exterior colors (probably around 20 choices), edemco tub, electric water heater (I didn't want propane to have to refill), water pump, outlets on every wall, cabinetry and more. It is a dual axel trailer, 7x14, all aluminum, exterior LED lighting package. I couldn't be happier. After I received my trailer I spent about $400 on a hydraulic table, $70 on a vacuum, $300 on an HV and around $150 for the peg board, misc. totes and baskets and ribbon holders. I got to work with their CAD dept. on designing every detail of my rig. They don't advertise mobile grooming salons but they do a lot of custom jobs and will work with you to design the rig you want.

They might do inverters, you could ask.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I ordered my aluminum trailer from Gryphon. Had it within weeks. The only thing I needed to get started was clippers and scissors and brushes etc. for $18,500. My trailer is 12 foot
                          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

My trailer is a GT and I love it. Very dependable and my clients are proud to have it be seen in front of their house. I even get complements from people on the streets(even at intersections!) check them out. They are in Denver and affordable. The owners are wonderful.

Comment

sorry i had stopped replying to the board - i had surgery on my right ear (deaf) and have been in bed for the last week and a half...im back!!!

catie - i like your pics, i'll check them out as well.

diamienono- oh i like the gryphon too. nice price.

puppystylist - when you say GT, do you mean you have a gryphon as well? or is it a different company?

thanks
                              michelle

Comment

Working...
                              X