Discount Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount Tires

I managed to pick up a piece of metal (looked like a large allen wrench to me) in one of my rear tires this morning. (Sure glad I have dual wheels ... didn't have to be towed.) I went to Discount Tires with my spare
    tire (I thought that they might not be able to repair the tire since the
    metal piece was so large). Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that they
    didn't charge me one cent for fixing the flat tire, checking the air in all
    my tires and mounting the spare tire. I bet I go there when I have to
    replace my tires on the van.

I highly recommend this chain if you have them in your area.

Les Schwab is also wonderful.

Comment

Way to go Poodle Pal. It's nice when everything works out well. I don't think we have that chain here.

Comment

Sounds like you are livin' right! It's so nice to come across business owners that help each other out.

Comment

One of these just opened up in my town. Maybe I won't be getting fleeced everytime I have to buy a tire now....man, they can be expensive. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Thanks for the reference. We just had one open up, too, and I'll be needing new tires soon. I'll give them a try

Comment

Speaking of tires, does anyone know how many miles the tires should last on the van? I would assume a little less miles due to the fact they have such a load on them all the time. ???

Comment

definately not as long as they should. make sure you rotate them every oil change instead of the 5,000 the manufacturer's recommend, and make sure you are aligned. that will greatly increase the life of the tire. not every place can do the alignments on the vans. you need a place that does RV or trucks. i travel about 40 minutes to get to a place that does mine.
                Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I've got 25,000 mi. on my tires. The new one they put on my van has approx. twice the amount of tread as the other tires.

Comment

Working...
                  X